WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently looking for a web applications developer to customise and extend CiviCRM to meet Kopernik’s process management & reporting requirements for monitoring & evaluation, operations & communications.
- 4 years experience in PHP / MySQL web development in a commercial context
- Thorough understanding of current standards for responsive websites, HTML5, CSS3 & jQuery
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Demonstrable experience working on a complex site or web application
- Working knowledge of Linux & Apache
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Impact and data focused.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Excellent management and organisational skills.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Experience using Drupal CMS & Drush
- Experience with CiviCRM
- Experience using Bootstrap CSS framework
- Experience using GIT
Working with our strategic initiatives team the developer will be required to manage all aspects of internal systems based on the CiviCRM platform, including needs analysis, data storage, reporting & data visualisation.
The developer will also be expected to maintain the applications and server to strict security and high accessibility standards.
- Maintain the code & database assets for Kopernik’s CiviCRM based intranet
- Provide user support for applications already in use and make improvements as requested: project management table, leave system, recruitment process, staff management, M&E reporting, digital kwitansi imports
- Provide support and oversight for the Data Collation Associate role, establishing protocols for data collection and import
- Work with program staff and management to establish requirements for future applications of the intranet
- Sole responsibility for coding future applications according to the requirements of the project team
- Manage staff software requests through Tech Soup & the Volume Licensing Center
- Assist with management of Google Apps, settings, auditing, new users & groups
- Provide general technical advice to Kopernik teams where required
APPLICATIONS CLOSE OCTOBER 25TH 2015
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form: www.kopernik.ngo/page/careers
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test to demonstrate the necessary skills.