Green School, Bali, a progressive, dynamic PreK-12 school, awarded “Greenest School on Earth”, is currently looking for a full-time School Nurse to begin as soon as possible. Join Green School now to help change the world!
IS THIS YOU?
An exceptional person and an experienced professional who is an Indonesian citizen, has a Bachelor's degree and appropriate credential, and is under the age of 60 (all REQUIRED by law), who is:
Positive, committed, responsible, and a good team player
Excellent communicator and takes initiative
Highly adaptable to new challenges, fast learner, and creative
Passionate about and likes working with children
THEN JOIN OUR TEAM
- A progressive, English language K-12 school, in its 8th year
- A wall-less, all natural learning environment, awarded “Greenest School on Earth”
- A multicultural community of about 400 students
- An involved and committed parent body
- With a professional, dynamic, young faculty with a purpose
This position is available to Indonesian citizens only.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing
- Registered Professional Nurse Certification Accredited
- Able to communicate in English fluently (verbal & written)
- 2 years nursing experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in school nursing, primary care, community health, and/or paediatric nursing
- Clinical experience in emergency nursing
- First aid training/ Basic Life Support Training /Paediatric Basic Life support Training
- Understanding of the physical, emotional and social developmental needs of children and adolescents
- Knowledge and/or experience in sports injury treatment, health assessments, public health, nutrition and infectious diseases
- Able to use Word and Excel
Takes responsibility for:Assisting in the day to day coordination and the operations of the First Aid Station. Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Attending to students who take ill or are injured during the School day.
- Monitor and provide support for students/staff resting in the clinic.
- Supporting and assisting the doctor in the care of students/staff when required
- Communicating with parents and staff as required.
- Securing and coordinating any dispensing of prescribed medication for students on site.
- Comprehensive note taking/report writing in relation to incidents/accidents/ illnesses to be reported to the Health and Safety committee.
- Providing follow up on clinic visits where required.
- Coordinating transport and accompanying students/staff to referral centres when needed.
- Acting as a liaison with external agencies such as clinics, hospitals when needed.
- Working off-site where needed to support activities where medical personnel are required.
- Maintaining accurate, confidential, health records of students and staff.
- Ensuring and providing infection prevention and control measures within the clinic.
- Ensuring the security and delivery of any stock medicines, and maintaining the stock.
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of supplies for first aid station.
- Maintaining stocks and restocking all first aid kits at the school.
- Maintenance of all equipment used in the clinic on a routine basis.
- Coordinating and ensuring the safe storage and removal of all biohazardous waste.
- Coordinating and maintaining the emergency transport vehicle along with facilities management.
- Maintaining records of health assessment and promotion activities.
- Coordinating and participating in health screening and health promotion activities.
- Supporting the doctor to maintain all regular health and safety requirements, including food safety inspections, safety inspections, reportable diseases, and any other requirements as needed.
- Assist in the preparing and reviewing health related policies, ensuring the clinic remains compliance.
- Communicate and support other health professionals, such as counsellors, first responders, security as needed.
- Attend and participate in any relevant training and professional activities such as first aid training, meetings, and drills, etc.
- Maintain records for all health education activities such as first aid training, basic life support training where required.
ENJOY UNIQUE BENEFITS
- Work in an educational institution while enjoying the freedom, independence and inspirational intellectual environment money can’t buy
- Up your game through peer training, exposure to hugely inspirational visitors and community members, and a professional growth programme focusing on sustainability.
- Competitive salary
To Apply please complete your application via this link https://goo.gl/Odnqk7
Starting Date: Immediately required