PRIORITAS is a five year USAID-funded project designed to improve access to quality education for children in Indonesia. USAID PRIORITAS is part of a cooperative agreement between the Governments of the United States of America and the Republic of Indonesia. The project is working closely with national and local partners to: Improve the quality and relevance of teaching and learning in schools ; Develop better management and governance in schools and districts ; Support better coordination within and between schools, teacher training institutions and government at all levels. USAID PRIORITAS is working across 60 partner districts in Aceh, North Sumatra, Banten, West Java, Central Java, East Java, South Sulawesi and Papua.
In 2014, PRIORITAS distributed books to 550 PRIORITAS partner schools and will distribute more packages of leveled reaing books to 10,000 non PRIORITAS partner schools starting 2015 until 2017.
The PRIORITAS is currently seeking qualified individuals with wide networking among local government and schools to fill the positions of the
This position will be based in Jakarta
The objectives of the assignment as follows:
The Logistic Officer is responsible to supervise and coordinate all warehouse and transport activities; This position also coordinates with program and support units to provide logistic support to receive, store and deliver booksaccording to purchase request and distribution plans to other office and agreed locations. This position ensures effective and economical support concerned and is responsible for the tracking and reporting of all items under his/her responsibility, book distribution/shipment, organizing warehouse and asset inventory process.
The Logistic Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Organize the storage and distribution of leveled reading book packages within their province(s)
- Receive data on book distribution needs from the technical coordinator and assistant DCs and coordinate with them to ensure that books are distributed in a timely manner to schools and clusters
- Be responsible for making transport arrangements and preparing the appropriate documentation for the distribution of the books and checking on their timely delivery
- Assist Technical Coordinator in day to day warehouse operation such as receive, store and distribution of books including documents preparation.
- Assist Technical Coordinator in implementing approved distribution plan
- Assist Technical Coordinator in maintaining logistic report and books data base
- Supervise and coordinate activities of warehouse staff in receiving, transporting, stacking, order filling, and maintaining stock records in warehouse;
- Determine logistic support sequences and time phasing, problems arising from location of operational area, and other factors, such as environmental and human factor affecting personnel
- Conduct physical inventory count at a specific date every month
- Maintain a Claim and Loss register and also a shipment register
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Technical Coordinator
• Minimum 2 years in relevant position, preferably in USAID project
• Minimum D3 degree in related field
• Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
• High skill levels and experience in office software, particularly: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, and work well under pressure and high stress tolerance
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international clients
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with supervisor and project staff
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,PowerPoint, etc.)
• Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage time well.
To apply this position please send your CV not later than October 25, 2015 to:email@example.com
All candidates are requested to write down the position and name in subject line of email and specify their availability date in the CV. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.