Hivos is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos provides financial support for local NGO's, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its South East Asia Regional Office in Jakarta, Hivos seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Human Resources Officer
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration : One year with possibility of extension
Report to : Regional Director
The Human Resources Officer, in close coordination with Hivos South East Asia Regional Director, Operations Manager and the Management Team, provides support to develop and puts into practice the overall HRM strategy, policies and procedures, and deliver suitable HR solutions that lead to organizational success. The HR Officer ensures that the organization vision, mission, values and targets are communicated clearly to all employees, providing them with all the information they need to synchronize their actions with the organizations objectives. The position will be responsible for certain decision making in day to day management of the HR operations.
The incumbent will be expected to adhere to system and processes for smooth functioning of various facets of HR. S/he will be helping in effective execution of all the HR activities like recruitment, orientation and induction, performance management, staff development and training and compensation management.
S/he, in close coordination with Operations Manager, supports senior and mid-level management in managing all processes and interactions to develop, attract, retain and enhance performance without sacrificing compliance with Hivos South East Asia policies, systems and procedures in all areas of human resources. The HRO also manages internal and outsourced processes for staff and oversee alignment with head office and other regional offices. S/he manages external service providers in the HR domain.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement, and as necessary propose revisions to, the HR policy and procedures for national staff to ensure compliance with local labour laws, and to ensure these are clearly understood by staff.
- Lead the recruitment process and induction for new staff, and manage contract extensions for existing staff.
- Maintain oversight to ensure the proper, legal and efficient administration of payroll, allowances and taxation calculations, and of the leave register.
- Support senior management to plan HR requirements including rationalizing and resizing current positions where necessary.
- Provide support on review salary scales and advise on COLA as required, work together with survey agency and/or other organizations for salary review.
- Support managers to undertake performance appraisals and to manage disciplinary and other issues relating to their direct reports.
- Provide support to develop a professional development plan based on needs identified from the performance appraisal process.
- Provide leadership and advice on employee relations and manage the staff grievance system and disciplinary proceedings.
- Ensure proper maintenance and confidentiality of personnel files and provide an updated record regularly.
- Maintain current staffing lists and organizational charts.
- Promote an equal employment opportunity environment in relation to gender and diversity.
- Build networks with other HR professionals to maintain currency in professional HR practices and legislation.
- Provide HR report on regular basis.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Relevant higher professional education/academic level of working and thinking.
- Relevant work experience at least 3 years in HR management in innovating organizations.
- Experience working in HR management in a change management environment; experience with talent development and management; experience in an international setting.
- Knowing of and experience in the area of matters concerning staff and social legislation and regulations.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 October 2015.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Human Resources Officer’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos, visit https://hivos.org/.