Chemonics International Inc.
Higher Education and Leadership Management Project (HELM)
Chemonics International Inc. seeks qualified Indonesian personnel for the USAID Higher Education Leadership and Management (HELM) project in Indonesia. Position is noted below the project background description.
The USAID/HELM project was awarded to Chemonics International on November 28, 2011. Chemonics implementsHELM with support from partners: the Indiana University Alliance; JBS International Inc., Aguirre Division; andthe University of Kentucky (UKY). The five year project was designed to support Indonesia’s Higher Education (HE) sector in increasing its quality and relevance through improved focus on administration and management capacity.In partnership with the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) and the Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI), HELM provides technical assistance, training, and additional support to strengthen the leadership capacity and increase effectiveness in the following four core management areas; General Administrationand Leadership, Financial Management, Quality Assurance, and Collaboration with External Stakeholders. HELMworks in close collaboration with DIKTI and, by Year 3, partners with 50 Indonesian Higher Education Institutions(HEI). The project is designed to address the USAID Education sub-intermediate result, “increased managementcapacity of Indonesian Higher Education Institutions” which contributes to the intermediate result “improvedquality of higher education” under the over-arching assistance objective: “students better prepared for success in learning and work.”
TITLE: MONITORING & EVALUATION ASSISTANT (1 Person)
Under the guidance of the M&E Associate and M&E Specialist, the M&E Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Assist project staff and HEI partners report on data inputs for the M&E indicators and results.
- Assist in the collection of data in accordance with the PMP.
- Ensure data quality and integrity by periodically conducting field visits and spot checks to verify data and investigate any data anomalies.
- Identify and track any sources of information, outside of the approved PMP, that can and should be integrated into the M&E system to help better manage project implementation (e.g. any work that may generate data or information that could be incorporated into the system).
- Maintaining the M&E system by inputting data reported by field visits, grantees, and monitoring activities
- Assist in collating and analyzing relevant data to demonstrate project progress for contractual reports, including quarterly and annual reports and/or presentations.
- Assist M & E team by inputting data reported by field visits, grantees, and monitoring activities.
- Inputting, double-checking and making sure that data are properly inserted to M & E database system
- Assist project staff and HEI partners report on data inputs for the M&E indicators and results
- Assist collection and dissemination lessons learned and best practices to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
Supervision and Reporting
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will report directly to the M&E Associates. As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will coordinate work with other technical, managerial and administrative HELM staff.
Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term, full-time position an annual approved level of effort of no more than 260 days for each project year. The employment agreement will be renewed on an annual basis following a positive performance evaluation. The HELM project begins on November 28, 2011and ends on November 30, 2016.
- Currently available and able to join immediately
- Degree or equivalent in administration, secretarial or other related fields
- Strong computer skills in Excel (preferably)
- Comfortable translating from Bahasa Indonesia to English (informally)
- An understanding of database management and data confidentiality issues
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple tasks
Submission instructions:Interested applicants for this position are requested to send a Cover Letter and CV in ONE FILE less than 500KB to email@example.com no later than 30 October 2015 (COB). Please indicate “M&E Assistant” in the subject line. Only the strongest candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries.