The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of :
Education and Society Officer
1 (one) position, 1 year contract - renewable - Jakarta
Purpose of job:
To implement projects in Education and Society by working with partners, stakeholders and wider target audiences in Indonesia and the UK to meet the British Council’s strategic objectives
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
Indonesia is a Tier 1 priority country in the East Asia region. Furthermore, Education and Society is a priority and growing area of our portfolio and we are committed to further up-scaling our programme. Recently, the level of activity in Higher Education in particular has increased dramatically, with attendance of UK institutions at the British Council’s Education UK fair in March doubling compared with the event last year. There is now considerable interest in the UK among the Indonesian public and we aim to significantly grow this interest and subsequent no of partnerships and student numbers over the coming years: the Education and Society Officer role will be central to this step change in our work.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties: (including people management and finance)
The core responsibilities are:
· To support SBU teams and Country Directorate in delivering programmes and projects which meet the needs of Indonesia, working with external partners in their development and delivery. Work will be focused in core areas(s) of responsibility but the Project Officer also works flexibly in support of other programmes as required by Country Director or Sector Lead in Jakarta (or the manager they delegate responsibility to);
· To support the SBU and Business Partnerships team to deliver on agreements as agreed with partners, sponsors and clients;
· To undertake Market development including scoping business/partnership opportunities and establishing effective networks with key stakeholders in the responsible markets in Indonesia;
· To provide quality education services to UK education sectors based on clients’ needs and service menu;
· To develop and implement national Education Marketing campaigns/festivals including products and services planning and delivery.
Other Responsibilities and main duties
· To provide wider financial and administrative support for the project team as requested
· To manage regularly social media post and new articles uploaded on the Education UK website
· To be in charge for logistic support for the project team
· To be responsible with projects documentation and filing system, including post project monitoring and evaluation (scorecard management)
· To ensure accurate recording of all contacts in the CRM/local database system in consultation with the Sr. Programme Manager;
· To ensure all duties are delivered in line with the British Council’s policy on Equal Opportunity and
Diversity and EOD is taken into account when planning and delivering activity.
Manage information created and received in compliance with the British Council’s information management standards, policies, the UK data protection principles and local legislation.
Key relationships: (include internal and external)
· Internal : Country Directorate, SBU leads and Project Managers, counterparts in the UK
· External : Vendors, partners, sponsors, clients
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Sunday 11th October 2015. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.