The ASEAN Foundation (AF) was established in December 1997 by ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfilment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. It is a non-profit ASEAN body under the ASEAN Charter and is mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among the peoples of ASEAN, as well as their wider participation in ASEAN activities.
The ASEAN Foundation requires a consultant to work with Executive Director and the programme staff to build the ASEAN Foundation’s brand and diversity its donor base over the next few years. Building the organisation’s brand is the third strategic objective of its 3-year work plan to guide the communication of the organisation and to articulate the organization’s identity. Diversification of its donor base has the intent of getting current donors to increase their contribution, expand the number of new private sector donors and non-traditional donors as well as identifying high network individuals, for support.
The consultant will work with the Executive Director and the programme staff to expand the ASEAN Foundation’s brand image to a wider audience through marketing materials and products as well as communications on social media channels.
TASKS OF THE CONSULTANT
· Work with programme staff to rewrite materials for publication and the website from the standpoint of reader’s interest, clarity, thoroughness and accuracy
· Guide programme staff to generate social media content including, text, photos, videos and audio to help boost presence and followers of ASEAN Foundation’s social media channels
· Assist with other communications-related tasks as needed
· Working with the Executive Director and the programme staff to develop funding proposals
· Assist programme staff on creative development and crafting presentations for a variety of corporate funders
· Provide guidance on communications and marketing plans and/or messages
· Advise on donor stewardship and donor database management
· Act as language editor for results stories, documents, infographics, and concept notes as well as the website
· Social media content that enhances ASEAN Foundation’s presence and followers compared to baseline data
· Proposals/funding materials to secure funding/raise profile of the ASEAN Foundation
· Key messages developed for corporate funders
· Improved donor profile template of funders
The duration of the consultancy is 30 days within a six months duration (May to October 2015).
A lump sum quotation is required including fees and other relevant expenses.
· Corresponding payments shall be made following certification by the ASEAN Foundation that the services related to the TOR have been satisfactorily performed and
· Deliverables have been achieved by the or before the due dates.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Education background in communications, marketing, business management or relevant fields
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing, public relations and brand positioning
· Proven experience in successful fundraising, with a track record of raising significant gifts from foundations, corporations or major donors
· Knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferred
· Computer literacy
· High standard of both written and spoken English
All interested applicants to send application, stating the assignment with the following documents to email@example.com – a) application letter, b) curriculum vitae c) samples of work and d) financial proposal containing work plan specifying a total lump sum amount (we only process the proposal that offers price and work plan)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Sunday, 26 April 2015 (extended)