PROGRAM ASSISTANT (WWEI)
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
LOCATION: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
The role will work with our team on the Wonder Women Eastern Indonesia, making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of women micro-social entrepreneurs (MSEs). These local women entrepreneurs sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Kopernik supplies technologies on consignment to these MSEs and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed. Many MSEs are based in remote areas with little or no access to telecommunications or Internet.
LOCATIONS: Sumba, Flores, West Timor
- Sales and marketing background
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Hard working, honest, positive attitude, and passionate about social impact
- Prior experience working with rural communities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and professional maturity; think creatively, learn quickly
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Computer literate (fluent in basic Ms. Excel is preferable)
- Willingness to work in and travel to rural villages
- Can ride a motorcycle in off-road conditions and possess valid drivers license (SIM C)
- Able to speak in local language is a plus
- Visit Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks several times per month to:
- Reconcile their inventory
- Collect payments for technologies sold
- Provide new stock as needed
- Collect data manually or through excel spreadsheets
- Coach Tech Agents in Kopernik processes; financial management; sales and marketing
- Run minimum of 3 tech fairs per month with Tech Agents
- Establish relationships with local partner
- Other duties as needed
APPLICATIONS CLOSE APRIL 25TH 2015
Please advise which location you prefer to be based: Sumba, Flores or West Timor.