OPERATIONS OFFICER (FINANCE)
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
As an Operations Officer (Finance), you will support the projects with budget administration, monitoring and financial reporting to donors in close collaboration with the accounting officer, analyst, and logistics department. In addition, you will assist the finance team in monthly and yearly closing procedures and during the audit process.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles, non-for-profit context is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience with accounting software and willingness to learn Quickbooks (online version).
- Experience with preparing financial reports using advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Good analytical skills and good in maths
- At least two years work experience in accounting.
- Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Positive attitude, hard working, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to communicate in English
- Ability to perform to a high level under limited supervision.
- Fully computer literate
- Indonesian national.
- Support program and reporting staff in program financial reporting to donor including but not limited to: transaction categorization, preparation of back-up documentation, filing, reconciliation, generating reports from accounting software, data management in Excel, donor compliance etc.
- Act as a resource and an adviser to the program team on matters about finance, budgeting, standard costs and reporting
- Assist the program team and financial analyst in budget development and management
- Together with the logistician, reconcile inventory reports with accounting data and reports to donors
- Support accounting team and field officers in basic accounting tasks, e.g. management of cash fund, data input. This includes data input when deadlines have to be met.
- Perform limited Operations Advisor (Finance) functions during his absence
APPLICATIONS CLOSE APRIL 20TH 2015
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form. http://kopernik.info/page/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test which demonstrates the necessary skills.