Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. With each step, we need more and more hands. Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office inJakarta:
Sustainable Landscape Program (SLP) FMU and REDD+ Program Manager
The role of this position is to manage the day-to-day implementation and delivery of the Partnership’s FMU (forest management unit) and REDD+ initiatives in Indonesia, including the coordination of SLP engagement in a range of policy related activities at the district and provincial levels in particular. This role is expected to encompass policy analysis and policy intervention; while supporting the Senior Policy Advisor with policy advocacy. This position is also responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of field activities and maintaining good relationships with district and provincial partners.
· Review, update and monitor progress against an agreed work plan for the development of FMUs and the establishment of a jurisdictional REDD+ initiative within SLP landscapes (North Sumatra and West Papua).
· Coordinate and support forest policy advocacy and SLP interventions at the provincial and district levels, including through direct engagement and collaboration with relevant government agencies.
· Lead and coordinate engagement on FMU and REDD+ development with non-government stakeholders at the provincial and district levels, including through direct engagement and collaboration with non-government organizations and other stakeholders – this will likely include the facilitation of focus group or working group forums, as well as leading, directing or supporting specific tasks designated by these forums;
- Identify and support SLP partnership activities at the district level that will contribute most effectively to achieving FMU and REDD+ outcomes and aligning with SLP objectives.
- Develop key stakeholder networks and relationships to support the effective implementation of program objectives
· S1 degree in forestry, policy, law, landscape management or natural resources management related sciences, with at least 5 years of experience on forestry and sustainable development in Indonesia.
· Understanding of forestry and development issues at regional level.
· Experienced in policy formulation or field implementation of FMUs, or REDD+, and low emission development (LED) approaches, methodology and implementation.
· Ability to work and communicate effectively in cross-cultural situations with a wide range of people.
· Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills that can be applied to working with community groups.
· Demonstrated competency in field team management and multi stakeholder facilitation.
· Ability to contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the project, adapt to changes in workload and positively influence the project team, and work under pressure and with multiple deadlines.
· Willingness to travel and work long hours, occasionally to remote areas and working on weekends or after hours if needed.
· Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
· Computer literacy with experiences in electronic communications (i.e. E-mail, Internet, etc.) as a user including a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to:
Indicate the position title “SLP FMU and REDD+ Program Manager “in the email subject line.
Closing date for the application is 3 May 2015
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
For more information about CI, please visit our web: