ChildFund, one of the leading child development organizations in the world, is an international NGO dedicated to assisting children worldwide. We operate in 31 countries assisting 17.8 million children and their family members, regardless of race, creed or gender.
We help deprived, excluded and vulnerable children living in poverty have the capacity to become young adults, parents, and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. ChildFund also promotes societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and the rights of children.
ChildFund has been working in Indonesia since 1958 and works in partnership with, and provides capacity building, financial and networking support to more than 18 community-based organizations (CBOs) covering 213 villages in the provinces of South Sumatera, Lampung, DKI Jakarta, Banten, West Java, Yogyakarta, Central Java, and East Nusa Tenggara. As a result of this coordinated partnership, ChildFund Indonesia directly and indirectly supports 380,000 children a year. In addition to the implementation of core programs, ChildFund Indonesia has also responded to emergencies in Aceh (tsunami), West Sumatera (earthquake), Central Java and Yogyakarta (volcanic eruption). For more information please visit www.childfund.org
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Title : Youth Development Specialist
Div/Dept : Programs
Location : Jakarta - Indonesia
Reporting Relationship : Program Director
Terms of Contract : Initial contract will be Fixed Term, 1 (one) year, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance. Duration of the project is 2 years.
The Specialist serves as a National Office resource for program design, implementation, evaluation and learning in line with ChildFund’s theory of change for Life Stage 3. He/she will provide technical leadership and collaboratively work with Field Office staff, local partners and grant projects.
Youth Development Specialist is responsible for assisting lifestage 3 program aiming at youth ages 16-24 years in the area ChildFund Indonesia is working find employment opportunities by creating job placement through partnership and networking with businesses and other organizations. To be able to implement this program, Youth Development Specialist will need to identify the skills that are required by the local market and design relevant vocational trainings to address the gap. Youth Development Specialist may also need to provide youths with the hiring process with resume writing, interview preparation, and assistance in developing educational and occupational goals.
· Establish relationships with local businesses and organzations regarding job opportunities for youth ages 16-24; advocate the youth for job placement.
· Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with businesses, government, and related organizations that may assist the youth in this program.
· Network and build partnership with the local ministry office of manpower to access the local job opportunities as well as the vocational trainings provided by the relevant local ministry office.
· Develop and conduct career workshops covering a variety of topics including labor market, job search, identifying skills, job applications, resume preparation, interviewing, work ethics, and job retention.
· Ensure that youth have the knowledge, skills required by the market by providing vocational trainings/workshop to address the gap.
· Develop capacity of local partners on couching skill in order to motivate and encourage youth to participate in this program.
· Facilitate youth to interact with individuals having similar life experiences and perspectives as they identify their occupational interests and develop career goals.
· Remain current in the field of career counseling, employing new practices and tools as appropriate.
· Represent ChildFund at National level networks/ agencies related to Youth Development. Represent ChildFund Indonesia at regional level with regional and other national offices. Support other national offices if required both during emergency response and on non emergency situations.
· Develop National Strategy for Lifestage-3 using Theory of Change
· Develop Innovative Project ideas and Grant Proposals for Lifestage-3
· Guide Annual Operating Plan development and Build capacity of Local Partners for Lifestage-3
· Support effective implementation and quality reporting of Grant project of Lifestage-3
· Facilitate appropriate and legally sound relationships between national office, region and organization with funding institutions based on a risk framework and in a manner that shields organization from direct or indirect liabilities.
· Maintain statistical data relative to program objectives including youth and contractual information.
· Ensuring compliance with donor requirements and ChildFund’s overal requirements at national level, regional and international office.
· 15+ years’ experience in international development programs, past experiences in youth employment, youth empowerment and/or youth reproductive health.
· Understanding the hiring process, and possess ability in career development.
· Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships and working with diverse cultures and audiences and sensitive situations and subject matter
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English. High level skills in English writing.
· Demonstrated experience in serving as a technical specialist in multi-cultural work environments focusing on program development and management
· Strong analytical skill, with ability to provide recommendations to senior level management and regional office.
· Strong multi-culture and some international work experiences.
· Excellent administrative, communications, negotiation and decision-making skills;
· Demonstrated ability to represent and interact with donors, government officials, international organizations and NGO representatives
· Able to train and motivate youth.
Bachelor/Master’s degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link:
(and look for career opportunities/International Operations/Technical Specialist: Youth Employment & Empowerment)
Deadline for lodging applications: 15 May 2015