Interim Communication Specialist - Jakarta
Since March 2011 the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) has been working in conjunction with the Australia-Indonesia Facility for Disaster Reduction (AIFDR) on a program now known as Scenario Development for Contingency Planning (SD4CP). SD4CP seeks to help disaster managers create contingency plans in case of disaster through open-source tools InaSAFE, QGIS, and OpenStreetMap. HOT is responsible for providing training and outreach in these tools and technical support to the contingency planning process. To assist in outreach and communications HOT seeks to hire an Interim Communication Specialist for this program.
The Interim Communications Specialist will be responsible for coordinating outreach for the SD4CP program. This includes creation of marketing materials, social media outreach, blogging and conference outreach.
- Create and coordinate on OpenStreetMap.id with the community and HOT team
- Manage social media outreach through Twitter, Facebook and other platforms
- Organize conference outreach through booths and presentations from the SD4CP team
- Organize monthly community meet up
- Create print and marketing materials
- Coordinate with other HOT related outreach outside of Indonesia
- Conduct media relation to spread increase OpenStreetMap, HOT, and InaSAFE public profile
- Work with HOT team to create How-to videos
This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia with the primary place of work being at HOT and Wikimedia Indonesia’s joint workspace. There will also be some travel within Indonesia. The position is currently funded until June 2015 with a likely extension depending on his/her performance and the funding availability.
- At least 1 year professional experience with communications and marketing in Indonesia
- Previous experience in mass media outreach such as writing press releases
- Skilled in technical writing
- Experience and knowledge in disaster response, open data or open source strongly desired
- Experience in creating flyers and brochures (preferably with open source tools)
- Experience in video blog shooting and editing
- Professionally work with social media outreach
- Fluent in Indonesian/Ability to Work in English (Oral and Written)
Send cover letter, CV, portfolio and expected salary to email@example.com before April 21th, 2015. Portfolio should contain examples of blog posts (English and Bahasa Indonesia), flyers, press releases and other materials from outreach campaigns.