Swisscontact Indonesia, in collaboration with SECO, IDH, EKN, MCA-Indonesia and MoHA, is currently implementing the Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in 23 districts across 6 provinces in Sumatra and Sulawesi. The program provides a range of training packages for smallholder cocoa farmers in good agricultural practices with focus to transfer new farming technology to cocoa farmers and promote increased productivity. As the Program is continuously growing and SCPP is determined to deliver high quality output achievements and simultaneously reviews interventions, training manuals, and teaching material, the program identifies the need to add a specific unit to undertake research, content development, and intervention design and provide supports to the program implementation unit.
Climate change has emerged as an important threat to economic development, environment, and public health. As a program implementer in Cocoa sector in Indonesia through SCPP, Swisscontact needs to find ways to mitigate the impact of climate change especially that linked to Green House Gasses emission and carbon stock. One of the results in logical framework includes a plan for improvement in ecology socio economy condition of production. It emphasizes Swisscontact commitment to encourage all programs by creating innovative and efficient systems.
For our Swisscontact SCPP-Program in Indonesia, we are looking for an:
Finance Manager Cocoa Sector Program
Begin of Employment : May 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person, Jakarta-Indonesia
- The Finance Manager Cocoa Sector is in charges to assure proper Financial Management and Accounting Policy of the Swisscontact - Cocoa Sector Program in Indonesia to provides periodical finance report to the Sr. Finance Manager
- The Finance Manager Cocoa Sector is in charges to measure the best practice internal control on the place in accordance to the SOP Swisscontact in general and the SOP Cocoa Sector Program specifically
- The Finance Manager Cocoa Sector is in charges to facilitate yearly external audit Cocoa Sector Program properly done and meet the deadline in conjunctions with Sr. Finance Manager
- The Finance Manager Cocoa Sector must be ensure the Swisscontact - Cocoa Sector Program apply properly Indonesia taxation regulation
Task, Authority, and Responsibility:
- Prepare yearly budget and review yearly progress/modification budget Cocoa Sector Program in cooperation with the Sr. Finance Manager.
- Monitor monthly budget VS actual spending Cocoa Sector Program and report to Sr. Finance Manager.
- Provide reliable periodical accounting and financial report of the Cocoa Sector Program to the Sr. Finance Manager in timely manner.
- Supervise and ensure properly accounting data entry Cocoa Sector Program by Senior Project Accountant and Program Accountants.
- Ensure all the international invoices related to Cocoa Sector Program received in timely manner from Head Office Zurich.
- Ensure the respective payment of Cocoa Sector Program applies Indonesia taxation regulation properly.
- Ensure tax remittance and reporting Cocoa Sector Program in timely manner in accordance to Indonesia taxation regulation in corporation with Sr. Program Accountant.
- Supervise the Cash Accountant in order to daily payments in the Main Office Cocoa Sector Program level.
- Ensure all Accountants Cocoa Sector Program receive adequate information, guidance, and training in cooperation with Sr. Finance Manager.
- Measure the best practice internal control Cocoa Sector Program on the place in accordance to SOP Swisscontact in general and the SOP Cocoa Sector Program specifically. Any deviation must be reported to the Sr. Finance Manager.
- Facilitate yearly external audit Cocoa Sector Program properly done and meet deadline in conjunctions with Sr. Finance Manager.
- Foster good relationship with bank officer and update ultimate service for smooth business
Key Performance Indicator
- Finance Manager Cocoa Sector provides reliable monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual financial report every 10th in the following month
- Finance Manager Cocoa Sector provide and review monthly budget VS actual spending for Sr. Finance Manager to ensure achieve the target every 12th in the following month
- Finance Manager Cocoa Sector measure best practice internal control on the place in accordance to SOP Swisscontact in general and the SOP Cocoa Sector Program specifically
- Finance Manager Cocoa Sector ensure yearly external audit achieve unqualified opinion and delivered on time in accordance to audit instructions
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting:
Keep good communication and reporting to Program Director/Country Manager, HO, and other Stakeholder for any related work activities.
University degree in Accountancy, preferably with post graduate qualification
- Minimum of three years for experience in the relevant field
- Previous working with one of NGO’s
- Experience of writing narrative and financial report is advantage
- Experience of planning and managing budget
- Experience of risk mapping and capacity assessment on a local level
- Understanding of opportunities and constrainst for sustainable development.
- Strong sense of responsibility and control
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet)
- Excellent English skills written and verbal
- Proficiency of English, both in written and verbal English.
- University degree in agriculture, economic, community development , preferably with post graduate qualification;
- Minimum five years, including two years in management level;
- Previous experience in managing project operation and staff;
- Previous work with International NGO;
- Experience in writing narrative and financial report;
- Experience in planning and managing budget;
- Experience in risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
Application should be directed to:
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on May 03rd,2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.