In 2013, Rockefeller Foundation funded a health project called ACTIVED that aim to improve urban health resilience of Semarang City by reducing the incidences of climate-induced vector-borne diseases. The project is part of the Asian Cities Climate Change Resilience Network (ACCCRN), and being achieved by:
1. Establishing a Health Early Warning System and Health Information System;
2. Implementing vector-borne disease prevention methods in six high incidence sub-districts in Semarang city, Indonesia;
3. Creating a complete understanding of future trends of vector-borne disease and health systems in relation to future climate change impacts.
To ensure quality results of these deliverables, Mercy Corps Indonesia require Project Assistant to implement capacity development for communities and relevant stakeholder in ACTIVED working area related to behavioral change in dengue control and prevention.
Project Assistant – ACTIVED
ACTIVED Project Assistant will support the work of District Coordinator to achieve the objectives of ACTIVED Project and closely coordinate with ACCCRN Program Officer to ensure a clear link of contribution to the bigger resilience agenda of Semarang City.
- Diploma Degree from Public Health, Health Promotion or Environmental Health;
- 2+ years of experience in community capacity development in implementing health related project in Semarang City;
- Have a good understanding of Semarang City context and possess good knowledge of vector borne diseases;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in writing report;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office is mandatory
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy will be closed 15 July 2015 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.