The core rationale of TIRTA is that access to irrigation has three times more impact on farmer incomes than other inputs like fertilisers and seeds and within irrigation services tertiary irrigation offers the greatest prospects to AIP-Rural for improvement. The main constraints in tertiary irrigation are related to lack of investment for expansion and poor operations and maintenance. Because of its recognised impact on farmer incomes TIRTA will approach tertiary irrigation in a businesslike manner by facilitating the expansion of local commercial investment in tertiary irrigation schemes in eastern Indonesia.
Purpose of Role
Based in Surabaya, Indonesia and under the direction of the TIRTA Team Leader the Finance Officer will be responsible for program finance.
A term of two years initially, with the possibility of extending a further two years.
Minimum education and experience required
· Relevant bachelor’s degree or similar qualification in business or accounting,
· A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience,
· A minimum 2 years of people management experience, including setting clear performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching consultants/employees, and
· Good communications skills in English. Desirable:
· Minimum 3 years at a management level similar programs, or programs of another bilateral donor,
· Excellent verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia,
· Knowledge of Indonesian public sector and experience working with government agencies,
· Experience working on Rural Development or Agricultural programs or initiatives.
Click here to view the position description.
This role is suited for candidates based in Surabaya and will not attract mobilisation/relocation assistance. Applicants must have eligibility to work and live in Indonesia.
Interested? Please click here or find the job through the GRM International Careers Page (http://www.grminternational.com/jobs).
Applications close on 18 July 2015.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.