The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization
Our Regional Delegation in Jakarta is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Field/Program Officer for the Forensic Department
Works directly under the supervision of the Forensic Advisor to perform the following:
1. Support the Regional Forensic Advisor on the implementation of ICRC Forensic programs in Indonesia and Timor Leste focusing on maintaining regular contacts with interlocutors and organizations in the country and supervising ongoing projects.
2. Identification of potential issues regarding forensics on management of the dead and identification in Indonesia and Timor Leste.
3. Active participation in visits in collaboration with the Forensic Advisor and all relevant departments in the ICRC Delegation in Jakarta
4. All ICRC activities will take place in Indonesia and Timor Leste regarding forensics involving management of the dead
5. Contributes to the implementation and running of forensic projects/programmes in Indonesia and in Timor-Leste, independently when necessary.
6. Is responsible for specific activities/projects in Indonesia and in Timor-Leste
7. Maintains contacts with relevant interlocutors including Forensic/Health authorities and Red Cross and Red Crescent staff at various levels.
8. Contributes to written reporting to the Forensic Department and the ICRC Delegation
9. In coordination with Regional Forensic Advisor, is responsible for the follow up of forensic issues with national authorities in Indonesia and Timor Leste regarding the management of the dead in disaster situations
10. Supporting the Forensic Advisor organizing training activities for the management of the dead.
Works directly under the supervision of the Forensic Advisor/Coordinator to perform the following:
1. Supports the Forensic Advisor/Coordinator on the implementation of ICRC Forensic programs in Indonesia and Timor Leste focusing on maintaining regular contacts with interlocutors and organizations throughout the country and supervises ongoing projects.
2. Identifies potential issues regarding issues of forensic concern, especially related to forensic programs being carried out in Indonesia and Timor Leste
3. Actively participates in visits in collaboration with the Forensic Advisor/Coordinator and other colleagues from other ICRC Departments within the Delegation.
4. Works effectively with relevant programs to advance issues related to the ICRC’s humanitarian forensic action
What we offer:
· Dynamic working environment within a reputable international organisation
· Medical and Health coverage.
· Join the training to Develop your skills
Please clearly indicate “Field/Program Officer for the Forensic Department” on your application (which should include: letter of motivation, CV with photo and copies of relevant certificates, etc.) and submit to e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving the applications is 20 July 2015