MSF is an international, medical humanitarian organization working in around 70 countries delivering medical care to people affected by armed conflict, natural disaster, epidemics and exclusion from healthcare. MSF is a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize 1999 in recognition of its pioneering humanitarian work in several continents.
MSF is looking for a talented individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO as a:
We need your skills and creativity to help us reach out to our audiences in Southeast Asia focusing on countries of Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia. We want to spread the word and get support for MSF’s medical humanitarian mission and digital communications is a leading tool. The post is based in Jakarta but you would work closely with our wider communications team in Hong Kong.
· Maintain and manage MSF-HK social media accounts for Southeast Asia
· Monitor references to MSF in online communications platforms
· Assist in production and translations of content for communications activities in Indonesia
· Promote online and offline the public events and campaigns in Indonesia and the region
· Networking with online communities in the target countries
· Assist the Communications Officer (Indonesia) in planning, organizing public events in Jakarta
· Provide other logistical and administrative support as required
· Reporting to the Communications Officer (Indonesia)
· Must have strong knowledge, creativity and interest in social media and online content creation
· He/she must be a University graduate, with at least two years of relevant working experience
· Experience working with a non-government organization is desirable
· First language Bahasa Indonesia with a good standard of spoken English
· Demonstrable ability to produce high quality translation from English to Bahasa and vice-versa (to be tested if shortlisted)
· Knowledge of the online media landscape elsewhere in the Southeast Asia region (Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore) is desirable
· Familiar with social media measurement and planning tools
· Full competence in using Microsoft Office tools is essential; basic know-how of graphic tools, i.e. Adobe Photoshop is desirable
· Team player, flexible and with strong organizational skills
How to Apply
The successful candidate will be offered a freelance contract from August to December 2015 which is extendable subject to a positive evaluation and the needs of the organization. Please apply with a letter of motivation and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by 15 July 2015 by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the personal data will be destroyed. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.