Frankfurt Zoological Society’s goal is to work with and for people to secure biodiversity in key ecosystems worldwide as the basis for all life and the livelihoods of present and future generations. The Bukit Tigapuluh Landscape Conservation Program operates since 2002 with the aim to secure the integrity of the whole landscape. Main objectives of the program are orangutan re-introduction wildlife protection and mitigation, wildlife monitoring, community development and public education. The regional office is situated in Jambi – Sumatra.
The Bukit Tigapuluh Landscape Conservation Program offers vacancies for the following positions:
Orangutan adaptation trainer (2 positions)
Successful candidates will work in the remote forests of Bukit Tigapuluh. The orangutan adaptation trainer will be co-operate with staff from the Sumatran Orangutan Conservation Program (SOCP) based at the Open Orangutan Sanctuary at Danau Alo.
Orangutan Adaptation Trainer (2 positions)
Operational Manager and FZS Representative
Sumatran Orangutan Conservation Program
Terms of employment
Preliminary one-year contract (extension possible)
Province Jambi (Bukit Tigapuluh)
|The work of the Orangutan Adaptation Trainer (OAT) is field based. Work will be executed around the Open Orangutan Sanctuary at Muara Danau. The work will be executed in cooperation with the OOS keeper team. The aim of the position is to train young orangutans for an independent life in the forest. Behavioral enrichment techniques are essential part of the job. Work shifts are usually three weeks (21 days) in the field followed by one week off duty. |
• Execute daily training session for orangutans housed at OOS
• Execute daily training session for orangutans in the forest surrounding the OOS (orangutan adaptation school)
• Responsible for scientific data collection and data analysis related to orangutan adaptation
• Consult with the Program Director about treatments and techniques used for adaptation (behavioural enrichment and orangutan adaptation school)
• Assist researchers or guests at Danau Alo
• Genuine love for animals
• University degree majoring in biology, forestry or equivalent experience in a relevant field
• Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
• Love to work outdoor
• Good physical and mental fitness to work extended periods in the field
• Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Good knowledge and ability to work with community
• Good understanding of nature conservation issues in Indonesian context.
• Excellent report writing skills
• Computer literate.
• Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and pleasant personality
How to apply
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for application is August 15th 2015.
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).