Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper - Indonesia
Chemonics International Inc. seeks an Accountant or Senior Bookkeeper for the USAID-funded Indonesia Marine and Climate Support (IMACS) project. This project provides technical support for improving key marine and fisheries sector components with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), local governments, coastal communities, and the private sector. The project is in its fifth and final year, and will close on September 29, 2015. For more information on the IMACS Project, please visit our website at www.imacsindonesia.com
This short-term assignment will take place from on or around July 15, 2015 through September 25, 2015, based in the IMACS central Jakarta office.
The Accountant or Senior Bookkeeper is responsible for all project bookkeeping tasks and financial functions, including supporting the close out of the project. Specifically, the Accountant or Senior Bookkeeper will carry out the following tasks, among others as needs dictate:
- Receive and process invoices from vendors to ensure timely payment by the project.
- Prepare documentation for all payment and non-payment transactions (except payment of mobile phones, office telephone and electricity), including but not limited to vouchers, checks, and transfer forms, and ensure appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained.
- Timely entry and review of encoding of transactions in the Automated Business Accounting Connection System (ABACUS).
- Maintain the project's accounting files system. Make sure all vouchers are in order, completed properly and have bank slips/copy of checks attached.
- Maintain the tax files for the project, and are recorded and paid in timely manner.
- Maintain vendor tracker and accounts receivable.
- Maintain bank balances up-to-date and reconcile the account on an ongoing basis with a summary report issued on a monthly basis (bank reconciliation).
- Liaise with the Human Resource Coordinator to review local staff timesheets.
- Prepare and process payroll, tax withholding, Jamsostek, and all applicable benefits on a timely basis each month for all local staff.
- Liaise with tax accountants in managing and monitoring project accounts.
- Assist outside auditors (as necessary) at year end.
- Explain generally accepted accounting principles, USAID and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary.
- Comply with all IMACS Project policies and procedures, as outlined in the Field Office Personnel Policy Manual.
- Comply with all Chemonics and USAID finance rules and regulations, as outlined in the Field Office Guide to Field Accounting and Compliance manual, and other manuals/regulations as necessary.
- Support project close out and financial and compliance reviews/file audits.
- Perform other financial duties as needed and/or assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and/or Chief of Party (COP).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or relevant field and at least 1-2 years financial management experience with large-scale international projects required; OR in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, at least 3-5 years financial management experience with large-scale international projects required.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects, and extensive familiarity with US government generally accepted accounting procedures, preferred.
- Experience with project close out on large-scale, international donor-funded projects preferred.
- Familiarity with ABACUS accounting system used by Chemonics International preferred.
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia and advanced English required.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with the subject “Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper” to IMACSproject@gmail.com as soon as possible but no later than July 14, 2015. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.