Communications Specialist - Indonesia
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Communications Specialist for the Indonesia Marine and Climate Support (IMACS) Project. The goal of the IMACS Project is to contribute to the sustainable management of Indonesia's marine and coastal ecosystems. This position is Jakarta-based beginning late July 2015 through mid-September 2015. The IMACS Project is in its fifth and final year and closes September 29, 2015. For more information on the IMACS Project, please visit our website at www.imacsindonesia.com
The Communications Specialist will have primary responsibility for managing, directing, undertaking and performing the project’s contributions to USAID’s communications effort addressed to its various audiences. S/he is primarily responsible for ensuring submission of success stories, entries to the USAID Monthly Report, and reports on project activities. S/he will also provide writing and editorial services for other communication activities as needed S/he is also tasked to ensure proper execution of the project’s approved Branding Implementation Plan in all its communications products, activities and materials.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for undertaking the following specific tasks and responsibilities in a professional manner:
- Liaise with technical staff, field operations staff , and other project staff in the development of the project's quarterly report, annual work plan, success stories, technical notes, USAID Monthly Report, or other technical communications products as may be required by USAID and ensure timely submission of quality products. Specifically:
o Suggest formats following the USAID approved branding and marking plan
o Drafting and revising the weekly, quarterly and annual reports
o Assist Task Leaders on specific documents/reports to draft and finalize draft reports submitted by Technical Consultants
o Consolidate Task Leaders quarterly reports, annual work plan, technical notes, and the annual report
o Edit the Project's contributions to the USAID Monthly Report
o Track and ensure all written deliverables (reports, policy papers) are approved by appropriate stakeholders (when applicable) and USAID
- Communicate with other key stakeholders and external audiences to ensure flow of information both ways by:
o Developing and managing the production of materials (primers, brochures, leaflets, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) for us in orientations, promotions, and introductions about IMACS, its objectives and activities. Aforementioned materials refer to the IMACS Project (project communications) and not about the USAID Marine Resources Program (program communications) to which IMACS belongs.
o Leading the development of collaterals such as business cards, official project letterhead, corporate folder, and similar materials, as needed
o Lead in conducting communication skills improvement activities for project staff and grantees, as needed
o Liaising with task leaders, field operations staff, and other project staff to identify opportunities to market IMACS through success stories or other communications products to external audiences, stakeholders, and project beneficiaries
o Leading the conceptualization, development, production and maintenance of information channels that inform and update key stakeholders about project activities, accomplishments of partners, testimonials of beneficiaries, etc.
§ video clips / documentaries
§ participation in exhibits and other knowledge sharing events
o Liaising with Chemonics home-office departments to promote the IMACS project to internal and external audiences by generating content for the company's website and intranet.
o Coordinate with USAID and other counterparts regarding the Annual Report and USAID initiatives on communications and social media.
o Completes other tasks and assignments as deemed appropriate by the Chief of Party
o Ensures Chemonics’ website content is correct and up to date.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Development Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Mass Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the communications field.
- Proficiency in using desktop publishing/graphic design software, e.g Adobe Photoshop and Indesign, in development of publications and layout of reports.
- Previous reporting/developing communications products for USAID-funded project required.
- Strategic communications planning and implementation.
- Journalism and photography experience required.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with developing communications products/campaigns on environmental topics preferred, including incorporating gender.
- Fluency in spoken and written English for purposes of writing all reports and success English and Bahasa Indonesia, without the need for more than minor edits by the project management.
- Strong writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to IMACSproject@gmail.com by July 24, 2015 with “Communications Specialist” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Communications Specialist” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.