The Australia – Indonesia Partnership for Justice (AIPJ) is a five year program funded by Australian Aid with a current closing date of December 2015.
The strategic focus of AIPJ is on realizing the rights of all Indonesians, in particular poor women, vulnerable children and people with disabilities. Building on the successes of previous Australian law and justice programs, AIPJ focuses on the following rights:
> Legal identity (birth, marriage and divorce certificates) as one precondition to realising basic economic and social rights, such as education and health care;
> The right to fair proceedings which are independent and impartial, fast, consistent, affordable, and accessible; and
> The right to legal information.
AIPJ approaches realizing rights by working in partnership with key government institutions (the supply side) as well as civil society and local communities (the demand side), and the intersection between the two. It does so through seven operational programs: legal identity, court reform, legal aid, legal information, and anti-corruption, civil society strengthening and disability inclusion. These programs operate at both the national level, where decisions are made, and the sub-national level, where lessons from the field can inform national level decision making. Visit www.aipj.or.id for more information about AIPJ.
AIPJ is AIPJ is seeking a skilled professional to join our team as Disability Inclusion Officer
The Officer will work to effectively implement the inclusion of people with disabilities in all components of the AIPJ. This will be by supporting components of work related to the design and implementation of disability specific activities and supporting the inclusion of and benefit by people with disabilities in activities in all of the components of the program.
In performing his / her duties and responsibilities, the officer will report to the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader and work with and under the guidance of the Senior Technical Adviser Disability Inclusion. S/he will work closely with other AIPJ team members and relevant partners, stakeholders and contracted service providers. S/he will be required to support AIPJ team, partners and other contractors in delivery of some activities.
Specifically, the Officer will under management of the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader be responsible for:
- The implementation of disability inclusion activities and reporting on activity implementation and financial expenditure;
- Inputs to AIPJ reporting - the monthly report, inputs to six monthly and final program report, other news updates and activity reports to AIPJ management;
- Maintain and foster strong relationships and partnerships with the AIPJ partner network with program partners and stakeholders, especially those involved in program implementation; and
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities that support effective disability inclusion in the AIPJ.
- People with disability are strongly encouraged to apply
- At least three years experiences of working in disability rights and / or inclusive development
- Experience of working with people with disabilities and Disabled People Organisations
- is focused on pursuing benefits for the disability movement as a whole
- Awareness and understanding of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Experience of activity administration and management in disability and or other areas of development activities
- Excellent communication and team skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with AIPJ team, partners and range of stakeholders
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills Be prepared and able to travel frequently within Indonesia
- Demonstrated ability to self motivate and proactive approach
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English language skills
- Good computing, skills – word processing, excel and power-point
How to apply for this position
> Cover letter responding to each of the selection criteria.
> Curriculum vitae / resume.
> Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered.
a) By email: email your application with the reference “AIPJ – Disability Inclusion Officer” in the subject line to EmergingMarkets.Jakarta@cardno.com (most preferred option).
b) On-line application. Go to www.cardno.com/careers and search for this position. Click “Apply for this job” located at the end of the job description.
For further information about this position
Email: EmergingMarkets.Jakarta@cardno.com with the reference “AIPJ – Disability Inclusion Officer” in the subject line.
5.00pm, 13 April 2015
Late applications will not be considered