Greenpeace, one of the world’s most respected and dynamic organizations, is an international non-profit global campaigning organization that acts to ensure the ability of Earth to nurture life in all its diversity. At the heart of Greenpeace’s campaigns is the tradition of non-violent, direct action against environmental abuse and destruction.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace acts to change attitudes and behavior, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace by:
- Catalyzing an energy revolution to address the number one threat facing our planet: climate change.
- Defending our oceans by challenging wasteful and destructive fishing, and creating a global network of marine reserves.
- Protecting the world's ancient forests and the animals, plants and people that depend on them.
- Creating a toxic free future with safer alternatives to hazardous chemicals in today's products and manufacturing.
- Campaigning for sustainable agriculture by rejecting genetically engineered organisms, protecting biodiversity and encouraging socially responsible farming.
Greenpeace is present in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Pacific.
To maintain our independence, Greenpeace does not accept donations from governments or corporations but relies on contributions from individual supporters and foundation grants.
For over 40 years, Greenpeace has been successful in our campaigns to reverse environmental degradation by bearing witness to environmental destruction and exposing and confronting environmental abuse. Greenpeace campaigns have been vital in informing government policies on the environment and effecting changes in business practices which lead to various environmental problems.
Greenpeace in Southeast Asia
Greenpeace opened our first office in Southeast Asia in 2000. In that time we have led successful campaigns throughout the region, securing fresher air, cleaner water and a healthier environment through changing industry practices and government policies. Greenpeace actively campaigns across the region to catalyze an energy revolution, protect ancient forests and our oceans, create a toxics-free future and create a shift to sustainable agriculture.
Greenpeace has three offices in Southeast Asia (GPSEA) —in Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines and each office is currently composed of six departments: Campaigns, Fundraising, Communications, Mass Mobilization ( all under Programme), Human Resources and Organizational Support (under Operations). Currently, Greenpeace Southeast Asia employs nearly 200 staff across the region, excluding the direct dialogue fundraisers.
THE POST: INSIGHT ANALYST
You will be GPSEA’s engagement data-driven systems analyst, responsible for collecting data on the effectiveness of engagement and making that data useful. You will expand indicators to monitor GPSEA’s engagement in the region and provide insight on data from various sources to improve our Programme work. You will play a significant role in translating data into valuable messages that can be used to further advance our objectives and support the engagement strategies for our projects.
This is a full-time position based in Southeast Asia, with an initial 2 year contract.
1. Analytics Development & Delivery
· In collaborating with others, drive the collection of engagement data across organizational functions, integrating knowledge from a variety of data sources
· Perform regular analysis and reporting on data for various colleagues and key stakeholders to advise project strategies
· Identify methods to promote the use of our data and audit information to ensure relevancy, reliability, and usability
· Understand the market dynamics in Southeast Asia and prepare benchmarks to track and evaluate GPSEA performance, with particular emphasis in online benchmarking
· Support the development of trends and the communication of this knowledge across departments
· Expand engagement performance indicators and reporting; maintain dashboards to measure and track KPIs
2. Project Delivery & Knowledge Sharing
· Provide insight about local and regional trends and audience behavior to colleagues and project teams based on our data
· Develop practices to build the analytical knowledge in GPSEA for engagement and promote our growth as a data-informed organization
· Solicit feedback and input from regional and national colleagues and project teams to share best practices for engagement
· Clarify and communicate the meaning behind data and how our audience engages to feed this information into all project work and organizational outputs, including the development of strategy
· Collaborate with colleagues to identify key markets in the region and shape opportunities for growth
· Support the monitoring & evaluation process for projects
3. Other duties as directed
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, Statistics, or Research (or relevant industry experience)
Minimum of 3 years of professional experience, preferably involving User Experience, Statistical Analysis, Online Marketing, or similar fields
Competencies and Skills
· Knowledge and/or experience in supporter relationship management/supporter journey communication
· Knowledge and/or experience in using market data and trend analysis
· Knowledge and/or experience in data management tools and practices
· Knowledge and/or experience in database systems, reporting and management
· Knowledge and/or experience in statistical analysis and reporting
· Knowledge and/or experience in developing and standardizing more efficient processes by following a systematic approach
· Knowledge and/or experience in evaluation
· Knowledge of Google Analytics, Radian 6, and other social media feedback mechanisms preferred
· Understanding of integrated campaigning & engagement
· Strong skills in written and spoken English (required) and another regional language (desired)
· Teamwork & Communication: Knowledge and/or experience in working with others and presenting information, ideas, and positions in a clear manner that can easily be understood across diverse and multi-cultural audiences
· Strategic Thinking & Global Mindset: Knowledge and/or experience in addressing organizational objectives by developing calculated approaches that integrate an openness to and awareness of diversity across cultures
· Quality: Knowledge and/or experience in meeting and surpassing requirements by setting high standards for the condition of outputs
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE APPLYING TO THIS POST
Normal hours of work for full time Employee will be forty (40) per week or (5) days in a week, at 8 hours per day excluding an hour lunch break. This will be from Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am to 6: 30 pm. Ordinary hours of work may be varied as agreed between staff and the line managers.
A permanent employee will be entitled to the following leaves:
Annual Leave: 20 days
Parental Leave: As per labor laws and Greenpeace policy
Long Service Leave: 2 months paid leave after 5 years of continuous service
Compassionate leave: maximum of 5 days for the death of significant others
In determining salary offer for this position, Greenpeace applies its Salary Grading Process, taking into consideration the job description and applicant’s previous experience, and the organization’s salary grade.
Greenpeace provides health insurance and travel insurance to its employees.
Greenpeace provides health insurance and travel insurance to its employees.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Greenpeace is committed to providing its employees with learning and development opportunities to be able to perform its functions more effectively. Through its mentoring process and annual Performance Management System, staff’s development objectives are identified and prioritized.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant’s merits and abilities.
HR POLICIES AND PROCEDURE
Greenpeace management and staff are given guidance on the implications of the equal opportunities policy. Policies and procedures are reviewed to review and adapt current practices to promote equality of opportunity. Other organizational policies and procedures will be fully discussed to the successful applicant.
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace, fill-up the attached Application Form which you can download fromhttp://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/about-us/Work-for-Greenpeace/Insight-Analyst/
and email to:
Deadline for Applications: April 7, 2015
We regret that we shall be unable to acknowledge receipt of the form but should you wish to confirm that we have received your application, please call our office at tel. 02152212552
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
1. Read the recruitment pack carefully before completing your application form. The recruitment pack contains information about Greenpeace, about the job you are applying for, and brief information on employment conditions.
2. Complete all items in the application form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.
3. Make sure you email the form to the correct email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
4. If you have questions, kindly email email@example.com.