Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is now active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees.
The Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which was established in January 2012. The Project is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the International Fund for Agriculture Development IFAD, and six Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a
Begin of Employment : April 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 12 positions, Sulawesi
: 2 positions, Kolaka
: 2 positions, Kolaka Utara
: 2 positions, Luwu
: 2 positions, Luwu Utara
: 2 positions, Mamasa
: 1 position, Majene
: 1 position, Polewali Mandar
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Socialize/introduce cocoa project intervention to community (cocoa farmers) in their working areas at sub-district level;
- Identify cocoa project area at village level in collaboration with government extension worker;
- Identify, train, and continue development of key farmers in their working areas at sub-district/district level;
- Identify, organize and manage day to day cocoa farmer trainingsand demo plots in collaboration with Dishutbun extension worker and key farmers;
- Identify and develop cocoa farmer group in their working areasand support for the empowerment and development;
- Promote, facilitate and develop internal control system for cocoa certification;
- Work together with the Key Farmers in establishing and facilitate Cocoa Farmer Group and/or Smallholder Cocoa Enterprise (SCE);
- Train selected farmers to conduct a Farm Evaluation on aged and poorly producing plots and support them in the rehabilitation efforts;
- Conduct regular monitoring and collect data of Farmer Field School activities and follow-up of Farmer Field School training by cocoa farmers in their cocoa farms;
- Provide regularly weekly and monthly activity plan and reporting in weekly and monthly basis.
- Strong sense of responsibility and control;
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team;
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.);
- Presentation skills.
- University/bachelor/diploma degree majoring in Agriculture;
- Experience in the relevant field;
- Previous working with NGO is an advantage;
- Experience of planning an activity and managing its budget;
- Experience of risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on April 05th, 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.