SENIOR OPERATIONS OFFICER (FINANCE)
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently recruiting a highly talented Senior Operations Officer (Finance) to support the Finance team.
As a Senior Operations Officer (Finance), you will support the projects with budget management, monitoring and financial reporting to donors in close collaboration with the accounting officer and logistics department. In addition, you will assist the finance team in monthly and yearly closing procedures and during the audit process.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles, both for private sector and non-for-profit .
- Experience with accounting software and willingness to learn Quick Books.
- Experience with preparing financial reports using advanced spreadsheet skills.
- At least 5 years work experience, with at least two in similar role.
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Positive attitude, hard working, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Ability to perform to a high level under limited supervision.
- Fully computer literate and tech savvy.
- Indonesian national.
- Support program and reporting staff in program financial reporting to donor including but not limited to: transaction categorization, preparation of back-up documentation, filing, reconciliation, generating reports from accounting software, donor compliance etc.
- Act as a resource and an adviser to the program team on matters about finance, budgeting, standard costs and reporting.
- Assist the program team and financial analyst in budget development and management.
- Together with the logistician, reconcile inventory reports with accounting data and reports to donors.
- Improve systems to ensure compliance with donor and internal regulations.
- Ensure that internal control systems are adequate and adhered to.
- Support accounting team and field officers in basic accounting tasks, e.g. management of cash fund, data input. This includes data input when deadlines have to be met.
- Stand in for the Operations Advisor (Finance) during his absence.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE APRIL 7TH 2015
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form. http://kopernik.info/page/careers
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test which demonstrates the necessary skills.