About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website:www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
Under watershed management specialist, research assistant will assist research works in hydrology and soil topics and regular research activities to ensure high quality, accuracy and consistency of the research.
For a detailed Job Description please visithttp://worldagroforestry.org/careers/research-assistant-hydrology-and-soil
· Minimum bachelor degree, preferably majoring in soil, agriculture, or forestry
· Minimum 1 year of experience involved in research activities related to hydrology and soil
· Have sufficient experience in working in the field
· Able to work independently as well as being a team player
· Have good communication skills (oral and written) in Indonesian and English
· Eager to learn and explore a new knowledge related to the scope and substance of the project
· Good understanding of time management
· Strong character, multitasking person and able to work under pressure
· Having interest in receiving feedback from others
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is a fixed-term position and will be for an initial period of 12 (twelve) months.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and should indicate “Application for RESEARCH ASSISTANT FOR HYDROLOGY AND SOIL” on their application letters and email submissions. Applications will be considered until April 24, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.