The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of :
Senior Finance Officer – SHARE
1 (one) position, 1 year contract - renewable - Jakarta
Purpose of job:
Purpose of Senior Finance Officer job is to provide supports in making sure successful delivery of the co-funded Support to Higher Education in ASEAN Region (SHARE).
S/he will provide finance management supports, and coordinate internal and external resources. In doing so s/he adheres to British Council’s standards for project, contract and financial and client management.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
The British Council has a long-standing reputation in Indonesia as a well-respected cultural relations organisation, creating opportunities and building relationships between Indonesia and the UK in the areas of three main Strategic Business Units (SBU); Education and Society, Arts, and English. It operates from its large main office in Jakarta. We also work through our teaching centres in Medan, Surabaya and Jakarta which operate through the Yayasan Dewan Inggris Indonesia. British Council works with a wide range of public, private and not-for-profit sector partners.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Senior Finance Officer is accountable for successful delivery of the co-funded SHARE programme.
S/he is responsible for managing financial management of SHARE programme, including reporting, forecasting, contracts, procurement, risk management and client invoicing in accordance with both EC requirements and British Council corporate standards.
· Management of Finance and Accounting Process
· Provision of Local Support to Planning and Budget Monitoring Process
· Management of Internal and External Audit Processes
· Management of Financial Control and Compliance Framework (FCCF)
KEY INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
· Team Leader
· Programme Manager
· Education and Society Team
· Account Management (UK)
· Contract Management (UK)
· BC’s Business Supports and Services Team (BSS, Finance, HR)
· Client (EU Delegation) & Beneficiaries (ASEAN)
· The Partners
· Technical consultants
· External suppliers/vendors
Other Important Features Or Requirements Of The Job
· The job may require some occasional business trips nationally and internationally –particularly within ASEAN region. It will also involve occasional weekend and evening work. Such requirements will be managed and compensated within British Council HR’s regulations.
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Sunday 22 November 2015. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.