Management Systems International, Inc
Strengthening Integrity and Accountability Program 1 (SIAP 1)
Support for the Corruption Eradication Commission
Terms of Reference
Position : Web Developer
Languages Required : English/Indonesia
Working Period : November – December 2015
Counterpart (User) : Corruption Eradication Commission of Indonesia (KPK)
Management Systems International (MSI) as the implementer of the Strengthening Integrity and Accountability Program known as SIAP 1, which is funded by USAID, has an objective to contribute good governance in Indonesia by strengthening integrity and accountability in government, principally at the national level. MSI SIAP 1 supports one of Indonesian state agency to campaign corruption prevention by intensified its public engagement and communication plan to the public through creative approach for wider reach.
In June 2015, MSI-SIAP 1 began production of a documentary film in support of the agency. To further support this film, and to draw further attention to it, MSI-SIAP1 began developing a complementary website to host additional information.
This website, built utilizing the Drupl 7 platform, aims to provide an interactive user experience to explore the detailed developments over the last 8 months. Among other things, the website will feature extended interview material, character profiles and an interactive timeline.
Once the film has been completed, the website and the film will be launched simultaneously.
MSI-SIAP1 currently needs the services of a Web Developer to review the current draft of the website, and to make any needed improvements until the website is launched. As such, the Web Developer will work in close coordination with the MSI-SIAP1 team, who will review his/her work before final changes are accepted. Any changes are to be documented, so that the work process is transparent and an accurate change-log is maintained.
1. Website developed
2. In conjunction with MSI, review and improve technical aspects of the current draft of website’s functionality and user experience.
3. To prepare the website for publication to the web.
SCOPE OF WORKS
1. Designing the website that will be easy to use for a variety of purposes, including social media application interface, mobile internet use, search engines, etc
2. Creating interactive functions
3. Assessing and reviewing the website’s functionality, and troubleshoot any bugs discovered.
4. Making minor CSS adjustments, as requested.
5. Assessing the website’s security and addressing any vulnerability discovered.
6. Advising MSI on hosting options
7. Purchasing a hosting package
8. Handling the website’s migration from its current local location to the live web server.
1. Revised local copy of the website, incorporating any security/functionality improvements made.
2. Documentation of the changes made to the site
3. A final, “live” site, which has been uploaded to the server and domain of MSI-SIAP1’s choosing.
· Individual/personal services
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or any relevant field
· At least five years practical and active experience in website development and design
· Knowledge of web technologies, protocols, and tools
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment with enforced deadlines
· Strong experience working on cross-browser and multi-browser platforms
Please send applications indicating ‘Web Developer' as the subject of your email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than November 22, 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.