SENIOR OPERATIONS OFFICER (LOGISTICS)
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
LOCATION: UBUD - BALI
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Senior Operations Officer (Logistics) to work with our team on our micro-small enterprise (MSE) technology distribution network. Kopernik provides technologies on consignment to MSEs and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed. MSEs are (mainly) female entrepreneurs that sell life-changing technologies such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Many of the locations where MSEs are based are remote with little or no access to telecommunications or internet.
You will report to the Operations Director and will work closely with suppliers, field staff and program staff to ensure logistics services are managed on a timely basis, as well as other logistics activities required by program teams. This position covers the administration and finance aspects of logistics activities.
The position requires someone who is innovative, detail-oriented and with ability to multi-task. You are willing to work with and learn new skills from a diverse team of professionals. The position offers potential for career growth.
- Indonesian national with a relevant university degree
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in supply management in retail and development setting (customs clearance, inventory, warehousing, transport and distribution)
- Proven ability in understanding and operating finance and logistics software (SOS and QuickBooks preferred)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to perform to a high level under limited supervision
- Ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Fluent in English and in Indonesian
- Fully computer literate
- Willing to travel to remote locations
- Positive attitude, hard-working, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact
- Lead logistics and asset management for all projects across the country
- Responsible for the implementation of SOS inventory system and its integration with QuickBooks
- Develop, implement and manage an effective recording and reporting system
- Develop logistics standard operating procedures
- Train relevant staff in field offices to improve logistics management
- Effective coordination with program managers and filed office staff to ensure accurate stock forecasting
- Other relevant duties as required
APPLICATIONS CLOSE NOVEMBER 14TH 2015
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form: www.kopernik.ngo/page/careers
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test to demonstrate the necessary skills.