World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Human Resources Officer
Post Grade: SC8
Starting Date: 1 January 2016
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: Initial 6 months with possibility for extension
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Accountabilities: Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of the Head of Business Services, the incumbent will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
2. Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
3. Contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements.
4. Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
5. Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
6. Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
7. Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
8. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
9. Conduct straight forward data analysis under close guidance of a senior HR Officer, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
10. Other as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: At least one or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with and interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
· Ability to support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
· Basic analytical ability to compile, maintain and analyze data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions in support of work carried out by another officer; skills in developing sources for data collection.
· Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
· Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by e-mail to:Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org no later than 26 November 2015
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc. Please state the vacancy announcement number and title of the post you are applying for in the email’s subject header line.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”