World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position : 2 (Two ) Drivers
Post Grade : SC2
Starting Date : 1 January 2016
Duration : Initial 6 months with possibility for Extension
Contract Type : Service Contract
Duty Station : Kupang (1) and Jayapura (1), Indonesia
Under the supervision of Head of Field Office, the incumbent of the position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide reliable driving services by using assigned transport means for the transport of authorized WFP staff members, officials and visitors as per authorized routing following UN safety and security rules and regulations; Deliver and collect goods, mail, documents and other items;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Take care of the day-to-day efficient maintenance of the assigned means of transport, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.; Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times;
- Responsible for the efficient and economical working, safe custody and use of WFP vehicles, and for all related equipment; Ensure that vehicles maintenance is regularly done in accordance with appropriate schedules;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
- Produce weekly records of mileage travelled and tonnage moved;
- Negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate vehicle movements in designated areas;
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward;
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
Education: Completion of secondary school education; formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Experience: At least two or more years of work experience as a driver; safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, safety devices, first aids etc.).
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesian.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by E-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org no later than 25 November 2015.
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc. Please state the vacancy announcement number and title of the post you are applying for in the email’s subject header line.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”