Cardno is seeking dynamic and enthusiastic candidates to work as part of a team of highly skilled professionals in the Jakarta International Development Assistance office.
Cardno partners with developing countries and aid agencies to promote and deliver innovative solutions for sustainable development. Our experienced teams work to enhance local ownership to encourage long-term and growing prosperity through the improEMRvement of the infrastructure, economic, health, educational and governance situations of developing nations.
To assist with this focus our Jakarta Office is seeking a Project Accountant to contribute to the success of Cardno’s project across Asia Pacific. The Project Accountant will provide financial management support to a selection of our current and future projects. The incumbent will have skills and bring financial oversight, management and governance to project, and will work will within a team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that Cardno, and Cardno programs, adhere to contractual arrangements
- Develop budgets with the project team and ensure they accurately reflect the services plan as requested by the client and developed by Cardno.
- Project Finance Management activities including:
- Maintaining project ledger
- Invoicing clients
- Provide training and ongoing support to In-country Project Finance Team
- Monitoring project budget spend
- Provide accurate and timely management and financial information to the program management team and the client.
- Assisting with Cash flow management and reporting
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Monthly forecast for both internal and external requirements.
- General ledger reconciliations
- Assisting in withholding tax, corporate income tax and VAT
- Establish financial policies and procedures for programs to record expenditure on program activities and comply with the Cardno accounting policies and client contract requirements.
- Provide support and training to the project finance team and conduct necessary internal audits as required.
- At all times, ensure the technical and management reputation of Cardno is protected, and the positive reputation of our Clients.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
Key Selection criteria will include:
- Degree qualified with Accountant qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a similar role, with experience in establishing and maintaining effective financial procedures.
- CPA qualified (preferred) or nearing CPA qualification
- Experience within the international development sector and/or experience in managing contracts with Government departments is desired.
- Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills
- Intermediate and Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel).
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a remote administration team as well as work autonomously.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions when completing tasks required, ensuring key roles are completed within required time frames and when asking for more work.
- Accurate numerical work and attention to detail.
- Positive, constructive attitude and ability to integrate feedback.
Please visit http://www.cardno.com/en-au/Careers/Pages to apply for the position and for more information
Applications close 5.00pm, Sunday 22 November 2015.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields.
Any offer employment will be subject to criminal history clearances.