Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees. For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Job Title : Sr. GIS Officer
Job Code : SGO-SS
Place of duty : Makassar, South Sulawesi
Number of position : 1 person
Begin of Employment : December 2015 or as agreed
Contract Duration : Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
Under direct supervision Sr. MRM & GIS Specialist of SCPP and in coordination with MRM & Database teams at regional offices, the Sr. GIS Officer will be responsible for data integrity and proper maintenance of the GPS data for Program Monitoring and Result Measurement, as well as management of SCPP beneficiary documentation
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
1. Responsible for data input, reporting, and maintaining GPS database system include SCPP WEBGIS.
2. Responsible for regular data cleaning for all data in SCPP GIS database for regions. Especially to check inaccurate, incomplete, and irrelevant data. Also ensuring free data duplication and quality data sources.
3. Responsible for collecting GPS data and training GPS based on requirement.
4. Support the program team with daily tasks.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
1. Regularly notify program team on GPS database status for inaccurate, incomplete, and irrelevant data.
2. Support the preparation of regular data reporting from the MIS and submit to the MRM Manager
3. Actively communicate to SCPP regional and district staff regarding training, data collecting and updating;
4. Support the preparation of information and documents for periodical reporting of activities for the program management;
5. Supervised by Sr. Program Manager as Line Manager and MRM Manager as Technical Manager;
6. Coordinate regularly with Sr. MRM & GIS Specialist in Sumatera Regional Office.
Education, knowledge and skill requirements
· Degree in GIS, Math, Statistic, IT, computer science, remote sensing and other relevant fields
· Working knowledge with computer sciences or related technical field.
· Familiar with data collection, entry and maintenance
· Practical experience in using GPS receiver, GPS software, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software such as ArcMap and QGIS, operating email, internet research, operating office software such as word, excel is essential
· Familiar with Android. Maintain, operate, update, install/uninstall applications
· Ability and experience to engage with key stakeholders and technical experts
· Capacity to write and speak in English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on November 23th, 2015, with a JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelopeat the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Or E-mail your application with the JOB CODE in the SUBJECT:email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.