Country : Indonesia
Start Date : 1 December 2015
Length of Commitment : 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Education : Minimum Diploma or Bachelor Degree
Organization : J-PAL Southeast Asia at UI Salemba
Language Requirement : English & Indonesian
J-PAL Southeast Asia (J-PAL SEA), based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research at the University of Indonesia (LPEM-FEBUI) seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Temporary Administrative Assistant to support the activities in a vibrant organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
The Temporary Administrative Assistant will report directly to J-PAL SEA’s Finance & Administration Manager based in Jakarta and will work with the Sr. Management teams.
The Temporary Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing a range of administrative tasks to support efficient office operations. These include, but not are limited to: managing meeting schedules and logistics, arranging staff travel, general office support and work flow as well as communication and information management.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. Provide administrative support related to scheduling and arranging logistics for meetings, trainings and events. These include managing and preparing necessary materials.
2. Liaise with travel agent and assist all staff to prepare travel arrangements such as flights and lodging for either domestic or international travel.
3. Maintain a central filing system, inventory of office supplies and assets, and oversee the maintenance of the office and its facilities
4. Support procurement processes in line with J-PAL SEA policies and procedures including obtaining cost quotes for goods or services when necessary
5. Filing HR documents such as monthly time sheets for all staff, leave forms and tracking the leave balances regularly.
6. Assist in ensuring that appropriate letter-heads, logos, and paper types are used for different levels of correspondences and are in line with J-PAL SEA and Donor trademark requirements.
7. Maintain cordial and responsive written and verbal communication to both external and internal J-PAL SEA's partners for program and administrative matters.
8. At times, The Admin Assistant may be requested to translate documents such as letters and brochures, in both Indonesia and English as well as draft format letters.
9. Assist the Sr. Management team to arrange their meeting schedules.
- Minimum Diploma Degree in administration and or relevant studies. Bachelor Degree are also encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience working as Admin for a research institution or international organization.
- Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Experience in filing and cataloging/organizing various types of materials.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in office administration and procurement preferably for projects funded by International donor such as DFAT or USAID.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international partners, supervisors, and research staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with supervisor and other staff
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply :
Please send an email to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org following these instructions exactly:
- Use the following as the email subject line: “J-PAL SEA, Administrative Assistant.” Please do not include any other text in the body of the e-mail. Adding extra text will interfere with the processing of your application.
- Attach PDF copies of your CV and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience.
- Please attach on CV your history salary from 2 last professional works andsalary expectation on this position.
Please read our organization’s profile onhttp://www.povertyactionlab.org/southeast-asia.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.