World Food Programme Indonesia Country Office (CO) invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Programme Policy Officer (Head of Field Office)
Post Grade: SC8
Starting Date: 1 January 2016
Duration: Initial 6 months with possibility for extension
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Kupang (1) and Jayapura (1), Indonesia
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of Head of Programme, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Effectively manage the Field Office to ensure the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
2. Coordinate closely with Country Office to ensure integration and coordination of activities as per annual performance plan and follow up the progress.
3. Plan and manage WFP field activities to ensure effective and efficient delivery of capacity development and policy advice to local authorities.
4. Ensure that allocated resources are used efficiently and are in line with agreed plans, and any deviations are reported to the Country Office.
5. Hold accountability for the security of WFP staff, operations, premises and assets in the Field Office to ensure that WFP security and safety standards are locally set and followed. Actively participate and contribute to the Area Security Management Team (ASMT).
6. Conduct timely monitoring and evaluation of activities and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on WFP’s performance with regular and timely submission for Country Office review to inform efficient operational planning and decisions.
7. Build effective and collaborative relations with the local authorities and contribute to the expertise sharing and capacity building for effective preparedness and response to nutrition-sensitive social protection programmes.
8. Build partnerships to improve capacity development assistance packages, develop and sustain liaison with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, civil societies, and local communities and media engaged in the field of food security and nutrition.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Implementation of technical programmes (i.e. nutrition, food security, etc.).
- Programmes design and implementation.
- Input into policy discussions and decisions.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by e-mail to:Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org no later than 24 November 2015
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc. Please state the vacancy announcement number and title of the post you are applying for in the email’s subject header line.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”