Cardno Emerging Markets (Indonesia)
Position: Senior Finance Manager (SFM)
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Background and Objective
Cardno is an integrated professional services provider, delivering a diverse range of services including emerging markets services, structural, geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering (in areas such as urban, traffic, water and coastal), survey and mapping, planning/project management and asset management services.
We operate with a global network of about 8,200 staff in 300 offices across projects in over 100 countries. Together we form a strong multidisciplinary team with a wealth of knowledge, expertise and passion for improving the physical and social environments that underpin communities around the world.
Cardno has permanent offices in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
With expertise in the full range of disciplines, Cardno is a valued resource for federal, state and local governments as well as private clients in the construction, environment, transportation, property development, water resources, telecommunications, waste, international aid, marine and coastal, agriculture, manufacturing and mining fields.
Partnering with private clients, sovereign governments and communities to create appropriate and sustainable solutions to local issues, Cardno’s international development assistance areas of expertise include community development, health and HIV/AIDS and reconstruction and rehabilitation.
Additionally, Cardno provides water engineering and stormwater drainage design software to engineering businesses via XP Solutions
Cardno (Indonesia) is looking for high qualified professional to fill in the position of Senior Finance Manager. The Senior Finance Manager will oversee the operations of the overall finances of Indonesia operations.
Reporting to the Operations Manager (Indonesia) the Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the overall finances of Indonesia operations. The Senior Finance Manager will contribute to Cardno’s success by providing overall Financial operations, reporting and management of Indonesia operations.
- Work as an effective member to ensure the smooth running of Finance function, including liaison with internal and external clients of the Finance team.
- Management of all Indonesia finance operations.
- Management of statutory obligations and compliance to all related Indonesia Laws and Regulations, including but not limited to taxation, manpower, central bank regulations and Corporate laws.
- Management of Finance Manager and two Tax and Finance officers, including day-to-day activities, mentoring and training, and performance management
KEY RESULT AREA - MAJOR OBJECTIVES & KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATIORS
(The expected outcomes for each accountability and the metrics used to measure performance)
- Cash-flow management of the Indonesia office and projects.
- Assist with local treasury requirements and bank account management.
- Development and management of financial system and procedures, including identifying improvements and implementing them and ensuring compliance.
- Ensuring the Indonesia offices finance systems and process comply with Cardno system and procedures and local statutory requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Month-end processes including, bank reconciliations, GL reconciliation, expense reviews and preparation of monthly standing journals.
- Calculation and submission of monthly payroll, leave accruals, withholding taxes and other employment benefits.
- To support, coach and mentor the Indonesia finance team
- Oversight of Indonesia operational overhead budgets and expenditures.
- Assist in preparation of the annual corporate budget.
- Accurate and timely submission of statutory obligations in Indonesia (tax, BPJS, BKPM, Central bank reporting, etc) are timely and accurate.
- Accounts payable management timely payments and accurate processing of invoices.
- To supervise and coordinate Project Accountant in Jakarta.
- To maintain signatory of responsibility levels register as per the QF1-1.
- To identify, recommend then implement approved cost saving initiatives.
- Ad hoc request by the Operations Manager, Divisional Accountant & Country Representative
Quality Management System (QMS)
- To follow, implement and comply with Quality Assurance procedures, Quality Management System (QMS) and where possible recommend improvements where the system may need modification.
- To comply with Cardno’s policies, procedures and guidelines
- To comply with all related Indonesia laws and regulations
- At all times, ensure the financial management reputation of Cardno is protected, and promoted.
- Degree (preferable Master degree) in Accounting, Financial Management or related discipline, or professional qualification in accounting
- A minimum of 12 years finance (and partly tax) experience.
- CPA Qualifications.
- Strong in process, reporting, problem identification and communication to various parties on accounting, reporting and cash flow management
- Knowledge and experience in Indonesia taxation
- Strong in risk assessment and how to implement risk mitigation
- Strong awareness of the commercial realities of the environment in which we operate
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Proven leadership skills and an ability to work as part of a team but also autonomously.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel.
Country Representative (Indonesia)
Operations Manager (Indonesia)
Program Management Team (Program Managers, Program Coordinators)
Suppliers, staff, advisors
Government of Indonesia
Nature of relationship
- Responsible for overall in country financial management
- Responsible for overall in country financial management
Nature of relationship
- Responsible for overall in country financial management and reporting
- Provide financial support services and information as requested & timely
- Provide information as requested & timely payment of invoices.
- Comply with all related statutory obligations to relevant \ GOI’s agencies (Central bank, tax office, BKPM, etc)
WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY
- Comply with the organisations Zero Harm policy and seeks to continually improve safety across our business.
- Embrace a reporting culture where all safety issues are promptly reported and addressed.
- Follow the required Workplace Health & Safety legislation relevant to the location of your employment.
- Professional presentation. Mature and professional approach to work.
- Reliable and trustworthy nature when dealing with confidential issues and Cardno finance systems.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills to allow for harmonious working relationships within the unit and the office.
- Ability to research ideas, analyse options and make recommendations.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with superiors, co-workers, clients and suppliers.
- Keen to learn existing systems of company and identify opportunities to improve.
- Understands the importance of safety and embraces a reporting culture where all safety issues are promptly reported and addressed.
As per Quality Form QF1-1 Level of Authority Schedule and QF 11-2 Register of Responsibility Levels, signatures and Initials.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT REVIEWS
Career Development Reviews are conducted annually with your Manager and/or Supervisor. Performance and salary are discussed at this time. Performance is also monitored informally throughout the year.
Competitive Indonesia National Remuneration Package
How to apply for this position
- Cover Letter responding to each of the selection criteria
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submission through email should indicate the reference: SFM Application for Senior Finance Manager in the subject line, and email to: EmergingMarkets.Jakarta@cardno.com
- Closing Date: 19 September 2014, 5pm. Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- On-line application. Go to www.cardno.com/careers and search for this position. Click “Apply for this job” located at the end of the job advertisement.Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered.