RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
RTI is seeking for Finance Officer for our RTI’s Indonesia Regional Office based in Jakarta.
Under the direction of Indonesia Accounting Supervisor, the Finance Officer is responsible for recording financial transactions for Jakarta and Asia Regional offices, and to report directly to the Indonesia Accounting Supervisor on a daily basis. The Finance Officer is responsible for the accuracy of these transactions so as to ensure compliance with all RTI and client policies and procedures. The Finance Officer is to regularly assist Indonesia Accounting Supervisor to review the financial system to identify aspects that can be improved. Under this contract, the Finance Officer will be an employee of RTI Indonesia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all incoming invoices, entry to Financial data base & input transactions into Citi Direct & S2B.
- Calculate taxes for each transaction that require withholding taxes.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts including:
§ Bank/account reconciliation
§ Journal entries and general ledger operations
§ Monthly financial reports
§ Accurate and timely financial reports
§ Financial databases
§ Scanning of all financial documents and maintenance of quality for reporting purposes
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with USAID and organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Assist the Indonesia Accounting Supervisor with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Manage filing of financial and accounting records.
- Assist the preparation of monthly non‐expendable inventory changes and conduct year‐end physical office non‐expendable inventory count.
· Manage aging schedule of outstanding advances and review disbursement of vendors advances
· Maintain accurate financial records and prepare clear calculations to support informational, auditing and operational use.
· As backup on-train accountant and other finance staff related to Finance and Accounting matter including Accounting System for all projects in Indonesia.
- Perform other related finance and administrative tasks as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (S1) degree in Accounting with minimum three years of experience or Diploma in accounting with minimum 5 years of experience performing similar duties as Finance officer or Accountant.
- Have knowledge in accounting, finance, taxes, and administration. Experience in auditing will be preferable.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Indonesian.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience in managing project/accounting/financial management. Experience in project financed by USAID is an advantage.
- Deep knowledge in excel, internet banking and email. Experience work with QuickBooks software will be an advantage.
Interested candidates should send the following documentations: Application letter and CV with 3 referees.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject, and submit the application by 19 September 2014 to email@example.com.RTI values equal employment opportunities. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.