Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland, and is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees.
The SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a
Public Relations and Media Assistant
Begin of Employment : October 2014 or as agreed
Place of Duty : Jakarta, Indonesia.
Assisting public relations and communication/marketing activities for the SCPP program. The role of the Public Relations and Media Assistant is to convey the policies and interests of the program to the public through various forms of media. The overall Task of the Public Relations and Media assistant is to develop and maintain the reputation of the program. It is the responsibility of the Public Relations and Media assistant to promote the activities of the program by organizing press conferences, exhibitions, newsletters, and publishing articles in the newspaper or on the official website of the program.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
Public Relations and Media Tasks
• Provide public relations advice and assistance on implementation of public relations and Media activities and publications;
• With support from the superior, design, develop and publish public relations materials and media campaigns, including banners, posters, booklets, brochures, leaflets and other promotional materials for the program;
• Maintain the program’s/company’s image and identity;
• Support and write newsletters, press releases and information about the program to a high standard for internal and external publishing;
• Prepare visual presentation, and public talk for program management in cooperation with the Superior;
• Keep the website of the company up to date and supervise editing of articles;
• Maintaining, file, organize, and choose photos from the program activities, to be used in the program promotion material and reports;
• Supervise implementation of public relations and media activities and ensure compliance with the standards expected by the program.
Human Resources Tasks
· Organise and maintain, in collaboration with the Sr. Human Resources and Administration Officer of the Employee Development and Human Capital in gather and expose all staff event, capacity development activities, achievement, rewards, staff profile, in a term of quarterly magazine or bulletin in-line with the Program Manual.
· Organise relations with individuals related to the implementation of the program’s public relations and Media activities in cooperation with Human Resources and Administration Staff at the Country Office and Regional Office.
Communication, Supervision and Reporting
• Reports directly to the PR and Media Officer and technically to Sr. HR and Administration Officer;
• Represent the program to a range of program partners, donors, development agencies, and other stakeholders;
• Support the program’s Government Relations Officer on all conference/event related issues;
• Assist the PR and Media Officer to support program partner organisations, local government offices, and other stakeholders on matters related to public relations and the marketing of the program, including where appropriate, cooperation on joint events.
• Strong organizational, planning, management skills and experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time.
• Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team.
• Excellent publication writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Fluency in Indonesian and English.
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing or a related subject from an accredited academic institution.
• At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in public relations, marketing or a related area is required. Experience in designing and developing public relations and marketing materials. Specialization in design software including Adobe Photoshop version 5 and above, Adobe Illustrator/InDesign and Microsoft Office 2010 (including Microsoft Publisher) is required. Detailed knowledge of CorelDraw X12 is preferred.
• Experience in event and conference management for large government and/or multi-national events.
• Event management experience with an international or non-profit organization.
• Experience working in public relations for an international or non-profit organization.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 30 September 2014 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200