Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland, and is active in 29 countries and has some 750 employees.
The SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and five Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2015. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a
Monitoring and Result Measurement Manager (MRM)
Begin of Employment : October 2014 or as agreed
Place of Duty : Jakarta, Indonesia. With frequent travel to Sulawesi and Sumatra.
Supporting and Assisting the Sr. MRM Manager.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
· Responsible for managing and organizing the MRM team to achieve Program MRM targets;
· Responsible for annual MRM survey organization and management, in coordination with the Sr. Program Manager and Regional Program Managers;
· Responsible for coordinating with Program Implementation Partners to ensure that delivery of all MRM data and information from Program target areas are on time and accurate;
· Responsible for ensuring that the Program MRM database system is providing appropriate and accurate data for Program MRM and reporting activities;
· Responsible for compiling, analyzing and preparing relevant data and information for bi-annual reports to Program donors and implementation partners;
· Responsible for guiding Program and MRM and IT Staff in the preparation of monitoring plans, supervising of surveys and research, processing the result of the survey and identification of required actions for the findings;
· Identify bottlenecks and challenges with MRM implementation in the Program and analysis for discussion with the Head of Support Services;
· Support Program partners with MRM implementation and advice;
· Support the Sr. MRM and PR Manager and the Regional Program Managers with the development of bi-annual reports to Program Donors;
· Support the Sr. MRM and PR Manager to organize refresher training in MRM for Program.
· Partner staff and promoting continuous improvement of MRM systems and processes within the Program;
· Support the Sr. MRM and PR Manager with daily tasks.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
• Coordinate regularly with Regional Program Managers, Program Officers and Regional MRM staff to ensure that the MRM team are aware of Program implementation plans and activities;
• Coordinate regularly with Regional Program Managers and Program Officers to ensure that they are aware of on-going progress towards MRM and Program targets and its achievement;
• Coordinate with the PR and Media officer to ensure accurate and up-to-date MRM information is available for Program marketing purposes such as public presentation, case studies, articles and materials for program website;
• Coordinate with Government Relation Officer to ensure data source required from government agencies are obtained for further data processing in MRM unit
• Provide regular reports to the Sr. MRM and PR Manager on MRM related activities and progress;
• Provide regular reports to the Sr. MRM and PR Manager on MRM and IT related activities and progress.
Duties Applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the swisscontact’s code of conduct.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Bachelor's degree in Statistic, Project Management, Management or a related subject from an accredited academic institution
· At least five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience in international development project implementation is required,
· At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in Monitoring and Result Measurement to programs or a related area is required;
· Good understanding of development project implementation, particularly in rural and/or agricultural development is required;
· Experience in managing Monitoring & Result Measurement is required.
· Additional background experience in value chain, food security would be an advantage.
· Strong organizational, planning, management skills and experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments.
· Strong analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative datathrough a variety of survey instrument and analysis techniques.
· Must possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
· Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Access, SQL and PHP would be an advantage.
Other Specific Requirements
· Knowledge in DCED standards for monitoring results
· Knowledge in SQL for database management.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 19 September 2014 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200