Position / Job Title: Human Resource, Administration and Logistic Officer (Level H)
Location of work: Jakarta
Report to: Senior Human Resource, Administration and Logistic Officer
Organizational Context - The American Red Cross helps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. It is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and works closely with Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI).
Currently the American Red Cross has programs in Jakarta, West Java, Central Java, Bali and NTB (Lombok). The American Red Cross American Red Cross Program works with the Indonesia Red Cross (PMI) focuses on four main program areas: Disaster Management, Health, Organizational Development and Water & Sanitation.
To support those programs, the American Red Cross needs a HR, Administration & Logistic Officer position in the field office to provide necessary Administration and logistic support for the program team in running the projects.
The HR, Administration and Logistic Officer under the direct supervision of Senior HR, Administration and Logistic Officer, s/he will provide the American RC Operation in country with professional HR, Administration and Logistic including procurement and day to day Administration support and advice.
Job duties and responsibilities
A. Administration function:
1. Assist Senior HR, Administration and Logistic Officer to run the daily hr, administrative and logistic work for Jakarta office including handling the necessary documents of visitors
2. Perform the receptionist function (receipt visitor, answering phone, welcoming staff/guest)
3. Maintain general filing related to Administration including coordinate/maintain back up data for all file in the server and laptop.
4. Regular up dating staff contact list for Jakarta
5. Coordinate with IFRC and agent (if necessary) for visa process of delegates, new coming delegates and staff.
6. Arrange the travel and accommodation as requested for domestic trips, including to update the welcome kit for visitor
7. Ensure Jakarta office is fully equipped with necessary office supplies – maintain materials use log/record
8. Supervise the schedule of the drivers and office boy/girl (if any)
9. Monitor fuel consumption and coordinate with driver to monitor the vehicle maintenance schedule.
10. Arrange the delivery shipment for items to be sent to other office or area
11. Perform additional assignment as requested by Country Representative and Supervisor
12. Fill in for Senior HR, Administration & Logistic Officer when absent or on leave
13. Assist with communications – e.g. draft letters, faxes emails
14. Support visitors – e.g. with security and other policies, phones, logistic arrangements etc,
15. Contribute to office maintenance – to ensure attractive working environment
16. Support logistic preparation and other necessary arrangement for major internal events (i.e. meeting, workshop, or training)
B. Procurement & Logistic Function
1. In charge in procurement process for Jakarta Office base on request and activities plan
2. Regularly up dated the procurement and shipment items.
3. Maintain Asset data base and movement – including dates
4. In charge for arranging and maintaining the warehouse or storage
5. Establish and maintain inventory of all items – including equipment, materials and office supplies kept in JKT office
1. 1. Education
- Min. Diploma degree in Administration, Business, Management, PR or related field
2. 2. Experience
- 3 year’s experience in related field
- 2 year’s experience in INGO
- 1 year experience in Supervisory level
- Red Cross Background
- Fluently spoken and written English
3. 3. Knowledge and technical capacity
- Good knowledge regarding incoming and outgoing mail process
- Good knowledge regarding procurement and asset management process
- Good knowledge regarding visa process
- Able to work with Microsoft Office including Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Wide networking among related vendor and having negotiation skill
- Ability to work within context of governmental regulation and bureaucracy
- Attention to detail and analytical
- Able to work independently or in team
- Able to work long time or overtime to accomplish complex task
- Patient and Neat
- Flexible and creative especially in trouble shooting
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English not later than 19 September 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max. 200KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.