ChildFund, one of the leading child development organizations in the world, is an international NGO dedicated to assisting children worldwide. We operate in 31 countries assisting 17.8 million children and their family members, regardless of race, creed or gender.
We help deprived, excluded and vulnerable children living in poverty have the capacity to become young adults, parents, and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. ChildFund also promotes societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and the rights of children.
ChildFund has been working in Indonesia since 1958 and works in partnership with, and provides capacity building, financial and networking support to more than 18 community-based organizations (CBOs) covering 213 villages in the provinces of South Sumatera, Lampung, DKI Jakarta, Banten, West Java, Yogyakarta, Central Java, and East Nusa Tenggara. As a result of this coordinated partnership, ChildFund Indonesia directly and indirectly supports 380,000 children a year. In addition to the implementation of core programs, ChildFund Indonesia has also responded to emergencies in Aceh (tsunami), West Sumatera (earthquake), Central Java and Yogyakarta (volcanic eruption). For more information please visit www.childfund.org
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Title: Health Officer
Location: Atambua-NTT Province
Reporting Relationship: Zonal Manager – Eastern Zone
Terms of Contract: Fixed Term, 1 (one) year.
ChildFund Indonesia is granted a project which is part of ChildFund Indonesia Disaster Risk Reduction Program. This program is seeking for a Health Officer who will be based in Atambua–NTT. Under the supervision of Zonal Manager-Eastern Zone, this post holder will work closely with the Zonal Manager-Eastern Zone and Emergency Preparedness & Response Manager in ensuring the good coordination with local government unit (Puskesmas, Pustu, District Health Office, Posyandu and Polindes); assist village health cadres in disseminating information to families; S/he will work closely with local partner field officer in ensuring the smooth implementation of the project especially on the health matters; in coordination with zonal manager, s/he will conduct regular monitoring of local health cadres on home visit to ensure proper use of the water purification sachet at home. On the need basis, s/he will represent ChildFund Indonesia to NGOs, Government or other related agencies in NTT province relevant to his/her role.
· Build good coordination and relationship with District Health Office, Puskesmas, Pustu, Posyandu
· Working closely with local health cadres in campaigning the personal hygiene and health issue to families through posyandu
· Train local health cadre in utilizing the water purification sachet
· In coordination with Zonal manager assist the posyandu to get proper resource person for disseminating information in Posyandu.
· Train and assist local health cadre to do home-monitor visit on utilization of the sachet at home.
· Contribute in modifying project intervention based on assessment result and inputs from specialist(s).
§ Strong leadership in the implementation of the project activities within approved plans, budget and agreements, and in compliance with organizational policies/procedures, operational systems, and donor requirements and regulations
- Close coordination with zonal manager and local partners in ensuring the implementation of project activities within approved plans, budgets and agreements, and in compliance with organizational policies/procedures, operational systems, and donor requirements and regulations.
- Conduct program/project monitoring visits, training preparation and spot checks in the areas of assignment and address identified performance problems or discrepancies.
- Provide regular reports following donor’s and ChildFund’s requirements.
§ Build relationship and collaborate with partners (GO’s, NGOs, Schools, and others) at local levels for resource sharing (financial, technical, etc.).
· 3+ years experience in working in the human service or social services and/or with a non profit agency, preferably community organization
· Possess good knowledge on personal hygiene and public health.
· Understanding child protection in emergency
· Basic knowledge of DRR
· Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Experience in managing CSR program will be an added value
· Demonstrate experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs is preferred
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English;
· Good oral/written communication and organizational skills
· Must be able to travel to program locations; where applicable
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public health, Social Work or relevant human services discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience; advanced degree desirable
This position is opened for Indonesian nationals only.
Please send by email your resume or CV & include Job Title in the email subject field. Any enquiries should be directed by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: October 26, 2014