Jhpiego, an international non-profit health organization affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of health care services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative approaches to develop human resources for better health service.
Jhpiego/Indonesia implements the five-year USAID-funded Expanding Maternal & Newborn Survival program (EMAS) that seeks to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in Indonesia. It focuses on improving the quality of emergency obstetric and newborn care provided by hospitals and Puskesmas and on strengthening referral systems that transfer sick mothers and newborns between facilities. EMAS works in 30 districts/cities across 6 provinces.
In order to reach our goals, we are now recruiting some local based positions to be part of the EMAS team. The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a dedicated team, with the added satisfaction of working for an organization committed to the Jhpiego vision and mission.
1) Program Coordinator
Location: Jakarta Office
Program Coordinator, SMSbunda will provide administrative and program management support for a GE Foundation-funded project carried out by Jhpiego in Indonesia. This project uses and innovative SMS information system to reach pregnant and postpartumwomen with timely lifesaving information for mother and baby.
· Assist with any training, meetings and workshops held for the planning, design, implementation or evaluation of information and communication technologies for program activities
· Collaborate with teams members to ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation of project information and communication technology activities, including provision of input into appropriate logical framework and indicator development
· Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availabilityand management activities function effectively and efficiently
· Contribute to annual work planning and budgeting
· Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor, including progress reports, and annual reports
· Promote and support the dissemination of project information and experience sharing among the project team and with other country, regional and headquarters-based staff
· Assist with the establishment and maintenance of productive relationships with key stakeholders, including relevants department heads and staff, government officials, NGOs and ICT companies
· Other duties as necessary and as assigned.
· University degree in an information and communication technology, management sciences, or public health related field
· 3-5 years experience working with a team in a project management or administration capacity
· Interested in keeping up-to-date with technologies and technology standards
· Interested in keeping up-to-date with technologies and technology standards
· Understand the constraints and benefits of different technologies
· Self-motivated, proactive and possess a positive attitude to work
· Require minimum supervision
· Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
· Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
· Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
· Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
· Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
2) Finance and Admin Officer
Location: Makassar Office
The Finance and Admin Officer responsible for payment process of Provincial office and assist the program and technical staff in the implementation of Jhpiego financial policies and procedure. Administer and monitor the Jhpiego finances to ensure that the financial systems are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Implement Jhpiego financial policies and procedures and adhere to donor rules and regulations.
- Responsible for payment process of South Sulawesi office
- Conduct data entry of South Sulawesi expenses into Quick Book
- Assist in developing the program activity budget and review the budget before sending to Jakarta office for approval
- Assist program and technical staff on money disbursement during program activity
- Assist program and technical staff on making reconciliation report
- Review the completeness of reconciliation report
- Review staff Travel Authorization Request
- Review staff Travel Expenses Report.
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Guide and orient program staff in preparing travel expense and advance reconciliation report
- Review petty cash expenditure
- Conduct routine petty cash count
- Work with internal and external auditor when necessary
- Review office supply requisitions
- Review Purchase requisition from South Sulawesi office
- Coordinate with Procurement Coordinator in Jakarta office on procurement process
- Coordinate with Office Manager n inventory and asset management
- Assist program and technical staff in day to day activity that related to finance and admin
- Coordinate with Finance and Admin Jakarta team
Qualifications/Knowledge, skills and experience:
· Bachelor/S1 degree in Finance/Accounting.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in finance and accounting.
· Good knowledge in accounting of INGO, specifically in project budget and financial reporting.
· Understand of Indonesian Tax Regulations.
· Excellent computer skill, especially MS Excel and knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs.
· Fluency in written and oral English is compulsory.
· Diligent, honest and mature worker, willing to work under pressure.
· Able to work independently and under minimum supervision, but with a spirit of teamwork.
· Tactful and excellent analytical thinking.
3) District Team Leader ( DTL_for .......district )
Location: - Labuhan Batu (North Sumatera)
- Bogor (West Java)
The District Team Leader will coordinate project activities in the district. This will involve coordination of all district level project partners and component activities as well as liaison with district level relevant governmental and nongovernmental agencies, organization and management of district coordination committee, providing guidance and support to the implementing partners as well as reporting regularly on project activities and progress made. He/she will represent EMAS at the district level and report to Provincial Team Leader at the Province office and work closely with Clinical Mentor, M&E Officer and other relevant provincial staff. He or she also responsible to run Component 1 or Component 2.
- To lead and coordinate the EMAS staff in districts for EMAS implementation activities
- To ensure the deliverable of EMAS are meet the target, or if not, identify the challenges and provide problem solving
- Provide technical assistance in monitoring, evaluation of project activities with other partners
- Close coordination and collaboration with the district stakeholders including District Health Department and the health programs.
- To support and coordinate district activities including meetings, workshops, launch/s etc. and provide support in managing the relevant budgets.
- Provide necessary technical and organizational and any other support to conduct workshops/ seminars/ meetings/advocacy events.
- To prepare and submit regular process documentation of all activities, meetings and relevant events.
- Assist in preparation and dissemination of publications, protocols and other documents.
- Provide assistance in documentation process of ongoing activities and preparation of District reports.
- Assist in identification of capacity building needs of project staff and provide training where ever relevant.
- Maintain an updated database of all trainings and community mobilization activities at district level.
- Facilitate and manage the project review meetings and monitoring visits as scheduled in the workplan
- Assist in conducting baseline and end line surveys of the project.
- Liaise with Health Department and all other EMAS partners at districts level
- Ensure establishment of District Technical committee at District level
- Plan and conduct monitor and evaluate, community mobilization and capacity building activities in District
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
· Bachelor Degree with min. 15 years working of exp. ( preferably in Health Sector/Public Health ; maternal , newborn and child health )
· Master Degree with min. 10 years working of exp. ( preferably in Public Health/Public Health ; maternal , newborn and child health )
· Experience in facilitation and advocacy to various levels of stakeholders to the level of policy makers
( public policy with min. 3 years ).
· Experience of working with international and national organizations and government agencies at the provincial level preferably for advocacy projects
· Strong organizational, interpersonal & communication skills
· Ability to work independently; with little or no direct supervision at various times
· Report Writing
· Ability to work well under unstable security environments, and/or administrative and programmatic pressures.
· Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; and PowerPoint.
· Work based and Home based in district level ( relocation NOT available )
5) Quality Improvement Coordinator ( QIC_for .......district )
Location: - Tangerang (Banten)
- Tegal (Central Java)
The Expanding Maternal and Neonatal Services (EMAS) project is a five-year USAID-funded project that seeks to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in Indonesia. It focuses on improving the quality of emergency obstetric and newborn care provided by hospitals and Puskesmas and on strengthening referral systems that transfer sick mothers and newborns between facilities. EMAS works in 30 districts/cities across 6 provinces.
The Quality Improvement Coordinator will coordinate and provide support to all EMAS health facility activities at the district level. He/she will work closely with the District Facilitator, Provincial Clinical Mentors, Referral Services Coordinator, M&E Officer, and the EMAS clinical mentoring teams to support health facilities to assess their progress, develop action plans, and take action. He/she will also assist the facilities to utilize tools to ensure quality maternal and newborn services and patient satisfaction. The Quality Improvement Coordinator will also assist the District Facilitator to represent EMAS quality improvement efforts to the hospitals/puskesmas, District Health Office, Pokja, and Bupati office. A key aspect of this position is strong teamwork with all members of the EMAS district and provincial team.
· Coordinate EMAS activities in facilities, including site visits by EMAS clinical advisors and mentoring teams, donors and visiting doctors.
· Follow up on action plans developed during mentoring visits to ensure that progress is being made by the facilities
· In conjunction with facility staff, organize and equip EMAS maternal and neonatal facilities according to EMAS specifications and activities.
· Work with EMAS clinical mentors to track and report on progress of EMAS clinical activities including completion of dashboards and performance of mortality audits
· Collect clinical performance data from each EMAS target facility on a monthly basis to submit to EMAS M&E officers in the province.
· Maintain EMAS clinical decision support tools in coordination with facility staff to maximize use and to identify barriers that impede their use.
· Together with the Referral Systems Coordinator, assist in the development of Perjanjian Kerjasama amongst health facilities in the district
· Support the District Team Leader to introduce and monitor the use of referral Performance Monitoring tools with DHO teams
· Collaborate with Provincial ICT specialist to ensure that the Referral Exchange system (SIJARIEMAS) is functional within Emergency rooms (general, maternal and neonate)
· Disseminate results of Referral Exchange system (Sijariemas) with facility staff to ensure follow up/problem solving
· Oversee the development and use of service charters in each facility
· Monitor the development and use of patient feedback mechanisms
· Promote midwife participation in SMS-based learning approaches (SIPPP)
· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and partners at health facilities and District/City health office
· Contribute to quarterly/annual plans and reports as directed
· Medical or Public Health Background, preferably doctor, midwife, or nurse
· Experience and comfortable working in hospitals and Puskesmas
· Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, tackle and report on problems in coordination with a multi-disciplinary team
· Experience collecting, analyzing and contextualizing clinical data
· Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and pressure to perform.
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work within a team
· Strong interpersonal writing and oral presentation communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesian and in English
· Experience working with international non-profit organizations
· Ability and willingness to travel to designated facilities within the district as needed
6) Administrative Assistant ( …………. District)
Location: - Pasuruan (East Java)
- Malang (East Java)
The Administrative Assistant will perform a range of administrative tasks in a district level , in order to support program staff, to ensure that all the program activities that have been scheduled in the work plans are delivered on time.
· Answer telephone, take and relay messages
· Managing and distributing outgoing-incoming general documentation , correspondence and packages
· General administrative and clerical support, prepare letters and documents
· Schedule appointments, maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically for district team ( meeting organizer )
· Note taker for overall activities conducted in district level
· Assist other staffs and Consultants to produce letter, documents, reports and presentations or materials for distribution (including word processing, computer graphics, lay out, photocopying, etc.
· Assist in the planning and takes primary responsibility for the logistics and preparation of special events, staff meeting, etc., including agenda preparation, materials and scheduling of conference rooms.
· Work closely with Program Coordinator handling transportation and hotel arrangement for all activities which conduct in district
· As well as preparing a Travel Authorization Request form for staff, consultants and counterparts related to the program activities.
· Operate a range of office machines such as photocopiers, computers, scanner and faxes etc.
· Manage Jhpiego operational cars traffic and drivers log sheet
· Graduate from secretarial or business studies
· Minimum 2 years’ experience working in administration area, ( as a support program for NGO would be preferable )
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
· Able to work methodically, accurately and neatly
· Good oral and written communication skills ( English plus point )
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
· Highly meticulous with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Able to work as part of a team
Please e-mail cover letter, CV, and indicate the position of interest in the subject of your email.
Email address : IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org
Vacancy will be closed two weeks of this advertisement.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.