STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN is a Swiss based international organization that mobilizes public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition. The organization is delivering improved nutrition to an estimated 700 million people in more than 30 countries, half of whom are women and children.
Indonesia has a high burden of malnutrition in children and women, and improving the micronutrient status of the Indonesia population is a cornerstone of national socio-economic development in Indonesia. GAIN is now seeking a seasoned professional to assist its Universal Salt Iodization and Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition projects in Indonesia.
The Program Associate will be expected to advise GAIN’s Country Team on strategic issues that will contribute to the implementation of the Universal Salt Iodization and MIYCN (Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition) country level strategy. This will include working with all levels of government, civil society, private sector and academia to facilitate a supportive stakeholder and policy environment and contributing to or organizing technical gatherings to raise our profile.
USI and MIYCN Project Management
· Assists the USI and MIYCN project team in the development of documentation relating to budgets, cost analyses, reports and forecasting.
· Checks and pre-approves contracts and related documents to ensure compliance with the standard contracting process and templates, and assists in the preparation of complex contracts.
· Ensure that disbursements to the implementing agency are in line with contract terms and are processed on a timely basis.
· Work with the Indonesian USI Associate Consultant, MIYCN Project Manager and Senior Technical Associate to coordinate the implementation of the M&E plan for the projects.
· Visits the field as required to ensure that project progress is on track and assist in designing and implement risk mitigation plans if required.
· Organizes meetings and workshops for GAIN programs, draft and disseminates meeting agendas, prepares briefing notes and where necessary takes meeting minutes. Assists in scheduling and planning for USI and MIYCN projects events and conference calls.
· Regularly obtain and review progress updates from the implementing agency and ensure that their activities are in alignment with program deliverables. Submit monthly project updates to the USI Associate Consultant and MIYCN Project Manager based on these reports.
· Prepares presentations, graphics and charts as requested and responsible for document archiving.
Demand Creation and Delivery
· Contribute to the process of development of a public service message together with research teams, GAIN and a communications agency.
· Responsible for coordinating between country team and the communication agency for implementing the communications strategy and associated reporting.
Policy and Advocacy / Stakeholder Management
· Collaborates with Country Team and the Policy & Advocacy global team to mobilize civil society, private sector and community networks particularly at Province and District level to align with the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) movement and the National Movement of 1000 days of life
· As required represents GAIN at project review meetings with the government and donor, technical groups and seminars / conferences and facilitating alignment with key stakeholders.
· Develop and maintain a good relationship with USI executing agency and act as focal point for GAIN interactions with them.
· Minimum of five years of experience in developing and managing project in a multi-cultural environment in the private sector, government or international organizations.
· Demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary implementing partners in time-bound programs.
· Strong understanding of public health required.
· Experience of delivering an integrated nutrition / IYCN program highly desirable.
· Experience working in a public/private partnership environment desirable.
· Previous experience in event activation desirable.
Skills & Attributes
· Proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and advocacy skills.
· Effective oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
· Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure with frequent deadlines.
· Reliable and enjoys working in a multi-cultural, cross functional team with flexible and adaptable approach to work.
· Ability to work without close supervision.
· Computer literacy with good MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point skills.
· Fluent written and verbal English and Bahasa Indonesia.
· Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
· Ability to travel frequently
· A Bachelor Degree in Public Health, nutrition, food science, or a suitable equivalent.
· Post graduate diploma in nutrition (if bachelor’s degree in another field) would be a plus.
· Diploma or equivalent certification in communications is highly desirable.
To apply: Please submit your CV with a cover letter in English explaining why you are suitable for this job via http://jobs.gainhealth.org/vacancies/218/program_associate/indonesia/ latest by 25 September 2014.