Save the Children is an international NGO and the world's top independent charity for children in need. Since 1919, we have been fighting for children's rights, saving their lives and providing hope for brighter futures worldwide. In Indonesia, Save the Children currently works in eleven provinces, has staff of approximately 170 local professionals, and programming in Child Protection, Education, Health and Nutrition, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Humanitarian Response. Save the Children in Indonesia is seeking to fill the following position:
Child Protection Data Base Officer
1 position, based in Bandung
Code : CP-DBO
The CP Data Base Officer will lead data recording and reporting of CP Program. This includes working closely with the CP M&E Coordinator to ensure that program contains appropriate monitoring and evaluation system. It also includes working with Project Managers, National ME Specialist, ME Officer and staff under CP programs to ensure that appropriate program monitoring and evaluation systems is established including ensuring the validity, reliability and updating of data and reports for each individual project. This position will be based in Bandung and require travel to project site.
She/he has responsibility for the day to day data management of Monitoring and Evaluation on CP database including developing the interface and data base system, executing all data import and export processes, data processing, data integrity, data cleanliness, set-up of reports and queries, with the overarching goal of enhancing donor relations and stewardship.
Reports to: Child Protection Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Contract Length : 3 months with possibility extension for one year
Dimensions : The CP Data Base Officer will be in charge of developing, maintaining and establishing data base system for FBC programs
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Manage the database to ensure efficient and accurate storage of information. |
- Ensure data recording of the effective and efficient use of Program resources.
Administration, IT, Safety and Security and Government Relations
that efficient, cost effective information technology systems on CP
data base are in place and in compliance with SCI MOS.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient knowledge of database open source software
- Competent in producing consistent and regular recording and reporting of activity to specified criteria.
- Self-motivated and thorough with an eye for detail.
- Understanding of the principles of good governance in relation to data integrity.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to manage a multi-task workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills (including advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft products)
- Ability to work autonomously and willingness to collaborate with others in a team environment. Initiative, flexibility and drive.
- Experience with Ms. Access with macro system, My SQL, HTML and web application programming
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Tertiary qualifications in information management systems, or similar change
- Advance ME knowledge
- Qualitative skills
- Mastery of relevant software
- Fluent in Bahasa and English
- Excellent report writing
- Having experience as Program Office
- Having experience as Data Base Officer
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the "subject" column of the e-mails in this format:
Closing date for application is up to 12 September 2014
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)