Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations.
The SED-TVET Programme (Sustainable Economic Development through Technical and Vocational Education and Training) is a joint effort of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (implemented by GIZ), the Ministry of Education and Culture, the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration, the Ministry of Industry and Bappenas. It aims at improving the employability of manpower in selected regions of Indonesia (i.e. West Java, Central Java, DI Yogyakarta, East Kalimantan and South Sulawesi).
Activities touch on a wide range of issues, such as gaps in the current regulatory framework, better use of labour market information and School to Work Transition services, TVET management, teaching & learning processes and the cooperation between the education / training system and the business sector in selected secondary and post-secondary TVET institutes. SED-TVET works in close cooperation with the responsible ministries and relevant institutions to foster long-term implementation of successful activities beyond the piloting TVET institutes on a nation-wide scale.
The School to Work Transition component of SED-TVET is tasked to support the improvement of the collection and utilization of local labor market information for training quality and provision of career counseling/vocational guidance services in SMK. The School to Work Transition Component is currently preparing the scaling up of piloted approaches, such as career guidance teaching materials and other products, to further SMK. A final review of the products to include feedback gathered from pilot activities is planned for the upcoming months. Moreover, guidelines for effective career guidance and labour market information gathering and utilization will be designed to ensure a smooth scale up and combine the findings of our work during the past years.
The School to Work Transition Component of SED-TVET is seeking 1 (one) qualified JUNIOR ADVISOR.
The junior advisor provides support for :
- senior advisor and the development advisor (EH) in carrying out project activities
- the team leader of SED-TVET and other experts for whom he performs technical tasks
- coordinating project activities with the counterparts
- carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of projects
- carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project as requested by the senior advisor
- BLKI Makassar with all activities related to the local subsidy
The junior advisor performs the following tasks:
- Coordination and monitoring
The junior advisor:
- supports the senior advisor, the development advisor and SED-TVET in coordinating and monitoring activities with BLKI Makassar
- assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities.
- supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results
- supports BLKI Makassar and the development advisor on the fulfilment of the administrative, financial and content-related activities regarding the local subsidy (according to GIZ-O&R)
2. Knowledge management
The junior advisor:
- assists in drawing up reports and translations
- assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on relevant data as requested by the senior advisor / SED-TVET
- supports the senior advisor and the development advisor to organise and update program documentation and presentation
3. General obligations
The junior advisor:
- is familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures and their changes
- is familiar with other programme components and GIZ-assisted measures, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff
- represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf
- carries out important tasks for the SED-TVET programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The junior advisor :
- assists other experts, if necessary as translator
- performs additional duties and tasks at the request of the Senior Advisor, the development advisor or SED-TVET-management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- university degree in either English language,(vocational) pedagogy or a polytechnic degree in engineering
- working experience in a medium or large size enterprise with reporting duties.
- Working experience in the field of facilitation and organisation of workshop based learning
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programme)
- good interpersonal skills, communicative skills
- fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, very good knowledge of English, optional a knowledge of German
- good knowledge of GIZ procurement regulations and administrative procedures
- experience of project management and research experience are welcome but optional
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures will be agreed with management
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 September 2014; Please put : JA-MAKASSAR as your email subject.