The Forests and Climate Change Program (FORCLIME) supports the Government of Indonesia in their endeavour to mitigate the effects of climate change through forestry sector reform, capacity development and implementation of best management practices for sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation. Demonstration activities are being supported in selected districts of Kalimantan to Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (“REDD” activities). FORCLIME is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ (German International Cooperation) and KfW, the German Development Bank, with the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry as the Program Executing Agency.
The Program's overall objective is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the forest sector while improving the livelihoods of Indonesia's poor rural communities. To achieve this goal, the Program team assists the Indonesian Government in designing and implementing legal, policy and institutional reforms for the conservation and sustainable management of forests, at local, provincial and national level. Support to REDD demonstration activities are a key feature of the Program, providing decision-makers with experience of how REDD can be implemented "on the ground".
Our office at the Ministry of Environmental and Forestry are looking for an Personal Assistant to the Program Director
- Support and provide administrative services for the Program Director and anything related to the tasks of the Program Director.
- Assists in Knowledge Management services for the Program, specifically in setting up the FORCLIME Document Management System (DMS) and electronic filing system in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Supports the external relations of the project, especially in electronic communication, social media and the internet
1. Office coordination and management
- In cooperation with the Office Manager supports the Program Director in planning, updating and monitoring of Program activities.
- Circulate any information from the Program Director to team.
- Prepares of meetings for the Program Director (PowerPoint presentation or translation).
- Attend meetings or workshop related to the project on the approval from the Program Director and documents result for the project.
- Assists administrative and logistical arrangements for FORCLIME events, where necessary
- Interprets during meetings, where necessary.
- Set up social media FORCLIME presence and assists website management
- Supports the project staff in preparation of content for public relations products e.g. web site.
- Independently organize and coordinate the schedule and appointments of visitors from GIZ Headquartersor abroad
2. Secretariat work and services
- Arranges appointments and meetings and managing the personal agenda of the Program Director by having access to the email of the Program Director and reply email internally.
- Attend to correspondence and documentation in German, English and Indonesian, including translation if required, and formulate replies independently after consultation with the Program Director
- Prepares information, materials and other support, including research on project related topics for events or activities on behalf of the program director.
- Participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these, e.g. by taking minutes
- Prepares and follows up on official travels of the Program Director including travel claim.
- Makes travel and hotel arrangements for the Program Director for business and private.
- Updating and briefing the Country Director on his appointments for the week and under the supervision of the office manager manages the FORCLIME outlook calendar.
- Make print-outs, photocopies and scan documents if and when required
- Assists in administrative processes of the project as needed and agreed with the office manager
- Under the supervision of Head of administration manages documents of the FORCLIME internal server and GIZ DMS and treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of financial matters.
4. General tasks
- Interprets and translates as required
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the superior
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
C. Required Qualifications and experience
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in business administration desirable (equivalent of BA or MBA)
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Very Good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Experience in the use of social media and internet
- Very good knowledge in German and English
- Broad experience of office management and administration
- General overview of forestry and climate change issues
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Please submit your comprehensive resume to email@example.com by 10.08.2015 with email subjectFORCLIME-PA