Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees. For ourSustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Supervisor Cash Accountant
· The Supervisor Cash Accountant is in charges to ensure proper cash accounting in Regional and District Offices level and submit financial reporting in timely manner in the SCPP Program to Program Accountant
· The Supervisor Cash Accountant is in charges to ensure proper accounting in-kind from company incorporation with Project Accountant and Finance Manager
· The Supervisor Cash Accountant is in charges to measure the best practice internal control on the place in both Regions according to SOP Swisscontact
a. Review financial report from Regional and District Offices incorporate with Program Accountant in timely manner in accordance to SCPP Program Manual:
· Receive bi-weekly accounting data (Transactions Import File - MyCash) Regional/District Offices from RFO/DAFO and review proper account codes and correct arithmetical, every 17th in the month
· Receive monthly accounting data (Transactions Import File – MyCash) Regional/District Office from RFO/DAFO and review proper account codes and correct arithmetical, every 2nd in the following month
· Reviewed report from respective Regional/District Office will import into MyCash in Main Office of SCPP
· If report unsatisfied then communicate with RFO/DAFO
b. Ensure adequate supporting document upon payment voucher from Regional and District Offices and must be file in passion order incorporate with the Program Accountants in Main Office:
· Ensure all supporting documents upon payment voucher are in accordance to the accounting data received;
· Ensure all supporting documents upon payment voucher are adequate and approved in accordance to SCPP Program Manual
· Ensure proper filing of all Regional/District finance documents in a monthly basis
c. Controlling outstanding cash advance of staff especially the old outstanding (beyond one month) in Regional and District Offices and reporting to Finance Manager and Sr. Finance Manager
d. Monitor staffs phone usage from Regional/District Office and report the excess limit to HR Unit for Salary deduction in monthly basis
e. Receive and arrange transfer of monthly money order to Regional and District Offices
f. Maintain up to date budget VS actual spending for every office in monthly basis incorporation with the Program Accountant and Finance Manager
g. Measure the best practice internal control on the place in both Regions according to SOP Swisscontact and reporting to Finance Manager and Sr. Finance Manager at least in quarterly basis. Any deviation should report immediately
h. Checking in-kind monthly financial report from all private company incorporation with the Program Accountant and Finance Manager
i. Ensure adequate supporting document of in-kind monthly financial report from all private company incorporate with the Project Accountant and in order filing
j. Prepare monthly summary taxes calculation SCPP incorporation with Finance Manager
k. Maintain Regional/District Offices bank accounts for any adjustment of signatory, opening new bank accounts, closing bank accounts, including prepares the letter and other required documents to the Bank
l. Advise Cash Accountant in Main Office when it is needed
m. Advice RFO and DAFO upon question or any other advice are need and foster good relationship. Moreover, arrange financial workshop if it is necessary
n. Supporting in semi-annual and annual audit in corporate with Program Accountant
o. PIC during absence of Project Accountant in Main Office SCPP
p. Other tasks arise during the course in needed upon requested by Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager and Program Director.
Key Performance Indicator:
· Completed Regional & District financial report in timely manner according to Financial Report schedule.
· Ensure properly charges of Regional & District Office spending according to budget
· Ensure adequate financial supporting documents in order to measure internal control according to SOP SCPP
· Encourages RFO & DAFO in order to make reliable Regional/District Office financial report and problem solve
· Ensure the monthly Tax Summary Calculation SCPP is paid before 8th of the following month and compliance to Tax Regulation
· Ensure DAFO and RFO had sufficient training in consultation with FM and Sr.FM
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
Keep good communication and reporting to Finance Manager and Senior Finance Manager for any related work activities.
The main workplace is located in the Country Office in Jakarta but flexibility is expected from the employee for tasks to be conducted outside the project office.
This job description can be adjusted according to the development and new requirements of the project upon agreement of both parties.
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s goals.
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Swisscontact’s code of conduct.
3. Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
· University degree in Accountancy, preferably with post graduate qualification
· Experience of risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
· Minimum of three years’ experience in the relevant field
· Previous working with one of NGOs
· Experience of writing narrative and financial report is advantage
· Experience of planning and managing budget.
· Experience of risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
· Understanding of opportunities and constraints for sustainable development.
· Strong sense of responsibility and control
· Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team
· Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.)
· Presentation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
· Excellent English skills written and verbal.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on August 15, 2015 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.