MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER (Req. Number 15979)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, based in Jakarta, Indonesia for the USAID-funded project, Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program.
LINKAGES is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade.
LINKAGES works to accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES project in Indonesia will work to build the technical capacity of partners to implement a set of interventions that increase the uptake of key HIV prevention, testing, care, and treatment services among KPs. This will be accomplished through training, mentoring, and the implementation of demonstration projects that document high-performing sites that can be replicated and scaled up across the country.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
The monitoring and evaluation officer provides technical assistance and support to LINKAGES/Indonesia in all aspects of strategic information, including monitoring and evaluation (M&E), information systems development and maintenance, and surveillance.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Support M&E activities related to the performance of LINKAGES programs in Indonesia, including M&E design; selection and measurement of appropriate indicators; development of appropriate M&E recording and reporting forms and mechanisms; data quality assurance processes and systems; database maintenance; appropriate data analysis; and appropriate dissemination or results.
· Collect and analyze data for reports of activities and results from LINKAGES supported activities.
· Provide technical assistance and support in M&E system, QA/QI, surveillance, data analysis and data use to National HIV/AIDS and TB Program partners, including the Ministry of Health, National AIDS Commission, Global Fund to Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria (GFATM) Principal Recipients, and others as determined by the LINKAGES program.
· Provide technical assistance and support to sub-national partners, including Provincial and District Health Offices, AIDS Commissions, health facilities and other partners as approved by the FHI 360 Country Director, in the design and implementation of provincial and city/district M&E systems and Information Systems.
· As requested, provide strategic information input to strategic planning processes of all partners.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in M&E positions with responsibility for implementing M&E activities of development projects.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in providing assistance to the MOH in monitoring and database systems, including SIHA.
- Experience in planning and performance measurement for USAID PEPFAR-funded programs, including indicator selection, target setting, results reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, data quality assessments and oversight and managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers.
- Must be proficient in both written and spoken English language and fluent in Bahasa Indonesian.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please apply online at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com/jobs/15979/monitoring-and-evaluation-officer/job or http://www.fhi360.org/careers to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions. Please note that this is a local position open to nationals of Indonesia only.