PRIORITAS is a five year USAID-funded project designed to improve access to quality education for children in Indonesia. USAID PRIORITAS is part of a cooperative agreement between the Governments of the United States of America and the Republic of Indonesia. The project is working closely with national and local partners to: Improve the quality and relevance of teaching and learning in schools ; Develop better management and governance in schools and districts ; Support better coordination within and between schools, teacher training institutions and government at all levels. USAID PRIORITAS is working across 60 partner districts in Aceh, North Sumatra, Banten, West Java, Central Java, East Java, South Sulawesi and Papua.
In 2014, PRIORITAS distributed books to 550 PRIORITAS partner schools and will distribute more packages of leveled reaing books to 10,000 non PRIORITAS partner schools starting 2015 until 2017.
The PRIORITAS is currently seeking qualified individuals with wide networking among local government and schools to fill the positions of the
This position will be based in Banten
The objectives of the assignment as follows:
The Technical Coordinator for the Leveled Reading Book Program is a member of the PRIORITAS Provincial Office, and she/he is responsible for managing the book distribution and teacher and school principal training program following agreed working plan and activities schedule, overseeing program implementation in the districts within the province, coordinating and working with other program staff and maintain good relationships with related stakeholders and local government. This position reports both to the Provincial Coordinator and the National Leveled Reading Book Program Manager as appropriate.
The Technical Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Work under the coordination of the national leveled reading book program manager and with the logistics coordinator responsible for book distribution, the assistant district coordinators (ADCs) and other relevant project staff support to plan and implement the leveled readers distribution and training program in USAID PRIORITAS non-partner schools
- Organize provincial and district meetings to explain the leveled reading book program to district governments and MORA and help them to plan a strategy for the book distribution and training of schools
- Work with ADCs, DCs, other staff and local governments to support the selection and training of district facilitators to implement the school training program
- Work with project and government staff the plan the program and collect data on book distribution needs and ensure that this data is passed on to the logistics officer
- Monitor and support timely book distribution and implementation of training and mentoring for recipient schools within the province and identify and address any issues encountered
- Ensure all necessary documentation is prepared to support the implementation and reporting of the program
- Provide monthly progress reports to the national program manager and the provincial coordinator
- Other tasks assigned by Provincial Coordinator.
• Minimum 3 years in relevant position, preferably in USAID project
• Minimum D3 degree in related field
• Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
• High skill levels and experience in office software, particularly: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
• Have good work ethic and strong desire to complete tasks in a timely manner as directed.
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international clients
• Commitment to basic principles of equity and to broader RTI ethical guidelines.
• Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage time well.
To apply this position please send your CV not later than August 20, 2015 to:
All candidates are requested to write down the position and name in subject line of email and specify their availability date in the CV. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.