Project Closeout Assistant - Indonesia
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Project Closeout Assistant for the USAID-funded Indonesia Marine and Climate Support (IMACS) project. This project provides technical support for improving key marine and fisheries sector components with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), local governments, coastal communities, and the private sector. The project is in its fifth and final year, and will close on September 29, 2015.
The overall objective of this assignment is to provide administrative support to the field office by ensuring that Chemonics, the Government of Indonesia and USAID policies and procedures are properly understood, followed and executed. Working closely with the field office staff, the Project Closeout Assistant will accomplish the tasks detailed below. The project closeout assistant is critical in providing administrative support to resolve the outstanding issues which arise during office closeout.
This short-term assignment will take place from on/around August 6, 2015 through September 11, 2015, based in the IMACS central Jakarta office.
The Project Closeout Assistant is responsible for the following tasks:
· Pack up files, reports, and create a packing list for shipment to the home office (HO) in Washington, DC, for regional offices;
· Align files with the HO file index;
· Copy, scan or print any relevant files for archiving;
· Review project files, reconcile with HO filing list, and complete files if necessary (employment contracts, approvals, etc.), including:
o Review local personnel files for inclusion of all relevant documents;
o Ensure deliverables are in files; and
o Ensure that all local subcontracts have written approval and deliverables in the files;
· Work with Office Manager and Operations Manager on any outstanding issues for closing out purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, and subcontracts;
· Provide additional support as necessary to local staff.
· 1-2 years of project management experience on donor-funded projects
· Familiarity with policies and procedures in regards to project closeout, human resources, and procurement processes
· USAID experience preferred but not required
· Experience with file archiving preferred
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Able to work in fast-paced environment and multi-task
· Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
· Fluent Bahasa Indonesia and good working proficiency in English required.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with the subject “Project Closeout Assistant” to IMACSproject@gmail.com as soon as possible but no later than August 7, 2015. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Project Closeout Assistant” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.