Position Title : IDBP Deputy Project Manager
Base : Jakarta – Indonesia
Period of Contract : until end of 2015
Responsible to : IDBP Programme Manager
Since 15 May 2009, Hivos is running the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme (IDBP), funded by the Dutch government. This programme is undertaken in close cooperation with SNV Netherlands Development organization. At the end of 2012, Hivos helped to establish Yayasan Rumah Energi, which has a mandate to implement IDBP, or what is also known as BIRU (Biogas Rumah) Programme.
The overall objective of the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme is to disseminate total of 25,000 domestic bio-digesters as a local and sustainable energy source through the development of a commercial, market oriented sector in maximum 18 provinces in Indonesia until 2018.
Responsibilities & tasks
The Deputy Project Manager IDBP will, as part of the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme team in Jakarta, will assist the Programme Manager in her responsibilities for the appropriate implementation of the programme at the national level and will provide assistance in giving backup for the Provincial Coordinators in the Provincial Programme Offices.
Main responsibilities are to provide assistance to the Programme Manager in:
Finally the Deputy Project Manager IDBP will contribute to Programme development strategies in general.
- Minimum of Bachelor (S-1) degree with approximately ten (10) or more years of professional experience, including approximately five (7) years of demonstrated experience as manager or coordinator in renewable energy development area, and/or natural resources management;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with supervisory responsibilities
- Has previous experiences and/or has worked in Non-Government Organization(s) for at least 8 years
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good command of English and Indonesian communication skills.
- Readiness to travel frequently;
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should send their application and CV (including three references) in pdf file to: email@example.com with position code as email subject. Applications are requested by August 14, 2015 at the latest; thereafter the position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.